X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen: taillights, t-tops, fender flares

Hello everyone, my first post here. I have a few 2nd gen parts that I'm considering letting go to make room at home. I would also like any feedback about pricing them fairly. If anyone is truly interested I will take pics.

1) Taillights circa 1979. Moderate condition with a really hard to find crack in one lens. I don't expect these are worth a lot.

2) Hurst T-tops with the inner and outer frames that mount to the roof. I do not have the little clamps that hold the frame assembly together. Moderate+ condition. Difficult to value. Besides the matched pair I have a 3rd T-top as well.

3) Wheel well flares circa 1979 (set of four). I painted these but never did put them on my car. I understand these are pretty hard to find (though non-OEM replacements may be available).

Welcome to the site!

The first question I'd have regarding all the parts - Camaro or Firebird?

I'd say go ahead and post pictures, should help in determining a price. The Hurst T-tops are a bit rare, so that will influence the price, but that also limits those who are in the market for them, since most are Fishers.
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

They are Firebird parts. The taillights are specifically Firebird. Did Camaro's have Hurst T-Tops? Pretty sure the flares I have are same as 79 TA.

Comment

Okay, that's what I was thinking, based on your avatar picture.

And yes, Camaro's did - though they're extremely rare. The Firebirds had T-tops a few years earlier than the Camaro, and by the time they came out on the Camaro, they had almost entirely shifted over to Fisher doing the T-Tops in-house. But yeah, there are some out there on Camaros - if you ever see one, though, that's basically a unicorn.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Working...
        X