Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accurate Auto Body -- Kalamazoo MI (hood repaint pix inside)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accurate Auto Body -- Kalamazoo MI (hood repaint pix inside)

http://www.accurateautobodymi.com/services.html

If you saw my car last year at the M&G, you may have noticed some slight imperfections on the sides of my hood in the sun. Over the last year, this has pretty much spiraled out of control to where all of the clearcoat has been completely eaten away. I went about a month and a half ago to get quotes at a bunch of shops around town and got some prices that were simply way out of my price range ($1000-$1700 to repaint the hood and front bumper). A co-worker told me to go see his friend Brad who owns the shop Accurate Auto Body and drop his name to maybe get a discount.

I went there monday afternoon and the owner (Brad) wasn't there. One of the painters said to come back in a half an hour so Brad could do the estimate. I came back about an hour later and he still wasn't there, so that guy did the estimate for me. At this point I figured I'd try and save some money and just get the hood done instead of both hood and bumper to maybe get it down to $500-700 instead of what I would have expected to be about $1000 from what the other shops were estimating. He told me he'd do it for 200 bucks and I nearly shit myself. I asked him about a warranty on the paint (most of the shops warranted against paint peeling/etc for a few yrs) and he said while there wasn't any written warranty, they're good about working with customers if something like that would come back. He said the chances of that were slim to none since they have great painters and use good PPG paint. That was good enough for me, so I dropped it off tuesday morning. (Keep in mind I didn't even have to drop my friend's name for a discount) I picked it up today, and I will admit I was slightly nervous about it possibly not looking great since it was so cheap, but it looks great. All the guys I talked to there were really nice (a couple of the guys at shops that I went to get quotes from were just plain *******s) There are a couple of dimples where old rock chips in the middle of the hood used to be, but you can only see those if your face is right up on it. I still can't believe I got this done for only 200 bucks. So if you're in need of paint work in Kalamazoo, I'd definitely head their way. Anyway, on to the pics:

Before (maximize these to really see the destruction of the paint):

0511000743..jpg
    0511000742a..jpg
    0427001133..jpg
    0427001133a..jpg

After:

0512001730..jpg
    0512001730b..jpg
    0512001730a..jpg

These were all taken with my phone...I've got the Nikon charging up so I can get some quality SLR pics of the hood in the sunlight one of these days.

Also, sidenote: should I replace the Ram Air decals or not? Can't decide if the hood looks too naked without them. They're only 10 bucks on ebay so it's not like they're expensive... every other badge/decal on this car is shaved already though so it would at least match that.

Dang, looks nice! Can't beat the price for sure.. I, personally, like the "Ram Air" decals..
    sigpic
    U.S. Army 1983-2005
    11.20@122.37 1.51 60'

Originally posted by WMCCjames

"Plans Subject to change upon Sobering up"

Comment

Looks great! I think it looks awesome without the Ram Air but it does kinda look naked. It makes the hood look REALLY clean though... I guess I'm up in the air.
      - Brian Meissen
      Owner, MiFBody.com
      Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
      2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
      Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
      June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
      The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Looks good. Hood looks good w/ or w/o decals so I guess I'm with meissen on that one
        Theres more to life than horsepower, but what kind of life is it?

Comment

Looks great!! I'm either way on the decals.
          West Michigan Pontiac Club

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**, a Trans Am is coming over to do it"

Comment

Looks great!!!!

Comment

looks lots better!
              sigpic

Comment

Hello Casey, haven't seen you in awhile. Show up at a Dashworks meet, I want to see this. Maybe I'll get my bumper done by these guys. Looks amazing in the pics man.

Comment

Looks great. Did you have them do the bumper also, or just the hood? Eric L

1997 Camaro SS #2819 M6, Red, 3.42, 1 of 27, Ttops, BBK shorty headers, Flowmaster cat back, 1.6 rr, LT4 valve springs, ASAM CAI, Centerforce clutch, runs 12s, breaks 10 bolts.
                  http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Camaro%20SS/

1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet 200, 6.0 LS3, Carb, Rapid Motorsports Dominator 2X cam.
                  http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/t...uth%20Valiant/

Comment

Hello Casey, haven't seen you in awhile. Show up at a Dashworks meet, I want to see this. Maybe I'll get my bumper done by these guys. Looks amazing in the pics man.
                    Yeah man for sure...every other week I'm workin 8p-8a on friday nights so that doesnt give me a lot of time to come out. The last couple times I wanted to head out there it was raining. I'll hopefully make it out to the one next week.
                    Last edited by Casey; May 12th, 2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prorac1 View Post
                      Looks great. Did you have them do the bumper also, or just the hood? Eric L
                      Just the hood*, though I will probably bring it back before the summer's over to get the bumper and headlights painted.

*just now realized i said bumper instead of hood. i was tired when i wrote that. lol
                      Last edited by Casey; May 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

nice improvement
                        99 Buick Regal GS- New DD

SOLD-1983 Firebird-305-2.5 inch custom bent exhaust w/ dynomax muffler-2004r-87 TA 3.08 posi-90 Camaro brakes-91-92 Hatch-87 TA bumpers and GFX-89 TA Tailights-87 TA front fenders-16 inch GTA wheels
                        SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Originally posted by ThreeHonks
                        I like having a loud car, every time the neighbors dog barks, I just go let my car sit and idle in the driveway

Comment

Working...
                        X