X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement! ProjectCamaro Original Gangstas Forum

Since the forum has seen a resurgence in activity, I figured it'd be a good time to create a thread to explain what ProjectCamaro is and why there is a forum dedicated to them.

Back in the day when the only acceptable appearance mods were an SS hood, SS spoiler and Y2K rims, ProjectCamaro.com was the home to people who wanted to customize their FBody without worrying about being called a ricer. ProjectCamaro.com was my home for many years, and if it wasn't for Chad's forum I wouldn't have been inspired to create MiFBody in 2005. Chad and the guys at ProjectCamaro were a close knit group even though everyone was from different parts of the US. Most of you are more familiar with Grant, MeenZ28, who is my "brother from a different mother." You see - most of the things I instill on this forum are what I learned from PC.com. No calling eachother's cars rice just because we don't like the looks and most importantly bringing us all together to be one big family.

Years later when Chad needed to refocus on his personal life, the forum gained a new administrator. Unfortunately that administrator drove the website into the ground - he had plugged the site with so many advertisements that it was honestly annoying to browse around. Eventually, the new administrator took the site down and all the heritage from PC.com was lost. When the ProjectCamaro.com domain was set to expire, Chad and I both were trying to buy the domain to get the old PC.com back to its glory days but unfortunately some Japanese guy bought the domain and now it's just a frontpage with fake content to drum up advertising revenue from AdSense and such.

My solution to helping the PC.com guys out was to create the ProjectCamaro Original Gangstas Forum. While it's not an entire site dedicated to PC.com like we used to have, it allows them to have a dedicated forum to chat, discuss, and reunite. Obviously the PC.com guys are welcome to post across the whole site, not just in the PC Original Gangstas section, but that's up to them.

Today I created a new tab in the Top Statistics which shows just the ProjectCamaro forum - this should make it easier for the PC guys to stay up to date with the new posts in their section.

So if you haven't already, please join me in welcoming the PC guys to our site and be sure to thank Chad because if it wasn't for him and his site, MiFBody wouldn't be here either.
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
    June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

been following all the threads about this and would like to welcome them all to the site and not just the PC threads! Jump in and kick it with us in all threads we all have a common interest and who cares if you arent around MI. Grant is been pretty active on here as long as I can remember being around here and I have always enjoyed his threads about Epic and now his new project as well!

I hope to see you guys more actively around!

Comment

Welcome to all PC guys. expand the mifbody family even more. i agree with everything darren said
      91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
      85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
      00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
      97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Awesome welcome guys can't wait to meet some new faces
        The Original

Originally posted by 81DaytonaPaceCar

Can you argue that it's "revolutionary"? Perhaps. Just because it's "new" and "different" doesn't mean it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Thanks for the history lesson Brian! I'd been following the last few threads about it, but was in the dark as to what pc.com was or used to be. Thanks for taking the time to clear things up!

Welcome PC.com guys!

2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS
          - M6, Livernois Stage 3 ported 243 heads, Livernois 230/236 114 LSA cam, FRPP 36# injectors, Ported TB, SLP MAF, Volant CAI, Kooks 1 3/4 headers & ORY, GMMG Cat-back. Koni SA 4/3's, BMR springs, Founders Performance, STB, LCA's and Panhard bar.

Comment

We make a great base for people, no matter where they are at. It's kinda interesting to see guys from Europe pop up once in a while too. The folks on the moon base can talk cars with us here on mifbody when their DSL gets set up.

Comment

I am going to troll the hell out of that thing.

I KID!

I kid.

Welcome guys...
              Originally posted by Redd8407
              I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
              Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
              WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
              Originally posted by Darren
              I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 81DaytonaPaceCar View Post
                I am going to troll the hell out of that thing.

I KID!

I kid.

Welcome guys...
                LIES...

welcome guys!

Comment

Thanks Brian! And thanks for the PM too. I'm sorry I haven't been around much latley (www.custommagnums.com has aquired much of my attention o ) But seeing as how I'm actually being summoned in a few threads I'll be here more now. LOL
                  sigpic
                  1992 Camaro Z28 - 305 TPI Targa-top : Jessica Rabbit
                  1996 Camaro Z28 - LT4 roadster : Epic - SOLD
                  2000 Camaro RS - 3.8 V6 T-top : Edge - SOLD
                  1988 Camaro RS - 2.8L V6 Hardtop : Blade - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X