X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Clarksville/Lowell

Hey guys, glad to of found this site. I found it from a guy on www.thecamaroforum.com Believe his name was Darrenscamaro? Well anyways, this is my second Firebird I have owned. 1st was a 95 black Firebird with t-tops with the 3.4l V6. Loved the car but needed something a little more all season at that time. Well a little about me. My name is Mike. Im 23 years old and have spent the last 4 years in the Army, 2 of those years in Iraq where I am for the next 10 days or so as I type this. I bought my current 88' Formula while I was on leave for 500 bucks from a friend of mine. The car is in actually very good condition, no rust. Some work has been done to the car before, just not sure what as of yet. I bought it 2 days before my leave was up and had to go back to Iraq. The car runs, but has a tore up interior and the timing is way off. I plan on ripping it all apart and starting fresh. Has already had a Posi-rear end installed and True Dual Flowmasters installed. The to-do list is long as well as the plans list, but money is always a key factor. I want to keep it as close to stock as possible with maybe some sleeper mods. Wish I could be apart of the M&G but my block leave ends on May 5th and I have to go back to Texas. But next year for sure, Ill be living in Michigan again and Will hopefully have it running good and have some interior work done. And as I was reading through the posts, I think I seen a post about a Bowling get-together? Im an avid bowler, to say the least. The pictures I have arent great, My fiance and Step-dad took them after I left. For some reason it slipped my mind to take some. As you can see the stock rear spoiler is not on the car, it is sitting in my garage along with another set of tires that were given to me. I need to replace all the seals, doors, hatch and t-tops. Need to fix the pull down latch for the back as well hence why the bungee cord is holding it down. The car was the stock Blue color until someone painted it the Burgandy Red. The engine block was painted Blue as well. But like I said wont find out everything till I get home and start tearing it down. But here are some pictures.

Attached Files

Welcome and enjoy the site!

Looks like a fun little project there...
    Originally posted by Redd8407
    I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
    Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
    WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
    Originally posted by Darren
    I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

Welcome to the site mike. looks like a real good buy. Spent some time in iraq myself. Be safe.
      SLP lid, smooth bellew, Kateck valve covers, Trextralia 700oz clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, SLP loud mouth cat back. Torque Thrust M

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah I cant wait to start on it. And my Fiance didnt even put up a fuss when I bought it, which is always good. Plus now that I got my truck done it will be a lot easier to put money into this. And thanks Trent, Ill be home soon.

Comment

Allow me to thank you for what you're doing. My son's in Afghanistan right now and I can tell you, there are more than just a few that are behind all you do. Second, I had a friend that had that exact year. $500 is a steal and the potential is TREMENDOUS with those (I assume it's a TPI). Welcome to the site. It's an honor and pleasure to have you.
          sigpic

Why the Hell do I have to press 1 for english?!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thank you and good luck to your son. Hope he comes home safe and well. I did some checking with the Vin after I got it, and found out it has the L03 305. I will admit I dont know much about the 305s. Never really did much with them. But what I do know is that most parts are interchangable between the 305 and 350. I found most of the info about it from fbodymotorsports.com But I am an avid wrencher, love tearing apart things and rebuilding. Me and my buddies built a 383 stroker for my old Z71 about 6 years ago, so this project should be interesting. I have to fight the urge to put 500 horses at the wheels, at least at this point in time. lol.

Comment

welcome & enjoy

13th!!! Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2017
                June 10th, 2017 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                Bakers of Milford, Milford, MI

Classics only cost alot if you add up what you spend!

sigpic

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
                - Dale Earnhardt -

Comment

Welcome to the site!
                  Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Welcome to the site. lots of nice friendly people on here. Glad to have you here.
                    sigpic
                    Robert Lawler
                    Your goto guy for non car related problems.

Comment

Welcome to the site! Thanks for serving. Looks like a great car - especially for $500!! Good luck and keep us updated
                      - Brian Meissen
                      Owner, MiFBody.com
                      Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                      2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                      Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                      June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                      The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Welcome to the site man. That's a pretty damn good deal you got there.
                        sigpic
                        99 Camaro Z28 A4

Comment

Howdy howdy! Glad to have you!
                          My name is Todd, and welcome!
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome and thanks for serving your country. Keep safe and I look forward to meeting you when you get home.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for serving.
                              West Michigan Firebird Club

www.wmfirebird.com

Comment

Working...
                              X