Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Trans Am

Hi all,

I have owned F-Bodies on and off for 25 years. Until now they have all been 3rd gens. Over the last year of so I have been wanting to get a more dedicated street/strip car, so after a bit of looking I finally purchased a 2000 Trans Am. This is my first 4th gen and outside of my daily driver, an L77 equipped Caprice, my first LS based engine. Being unfamiliar with the car it made sense to join an F Body group to help me navigate through the new learning curve, so thanks for the add, I'm looking to a long, fulfilling relationship with this group.

Welcome to the site!

Looks like the T/A is built up a bit - have any specs?

And nice, a Caprice DD - that's cool. Was it a former police vehicle?
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

The car looks more built than it is. It has some sort of cold air setup, half of a nitrous kit (not functional) and a fairly aggressive cam (231/242 113*lobe sep) along with some decent wheels and 15-year-old tires which need to be replaced before I put it on the road.

The Caprice was a former Kent County car. It makes for a great daily driver and handled surprisingly well in the snow we had last week. For as big of a car as it is it's surprisingly quick. My best time is 13.67. I'll probably be doing a DOD delete and mild cam install on that next spring.

Comment

Ahh, well then it sounds like a good foundation!

Any pics of the Caprice? 13.67 is pretty damn impressive, because you are not wrong - those are pretty large.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Welcome aboard!
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Yeah, here are a couple pics of the Caprice

Comment

Nice and clean!

I bet it scares people a bit, too.