X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Firebird Pontiac 350 Engine Project

i recently ran across a Pontiac 350 and I?m interested in putting it in my v6 firebird. Is it anything like the v6 To lt1/ls1 swap? Any info would be greatly appreciated

It's a cool conversion, keeping it all Pontiac.

But...I don't believe you will find much (if any) support for it in the aftermarket. That doesn't make it impossible, it just means you'll need to create more things on your own.

I think a few folks on thirdgen.org have done that swap. While there's little direct correlation between doing the swap in a 3rd gen. Vs. a 4th gen., it will give you an idea of what's involved.
    DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

I appreciate the info. Yea it has been a rough journey, but I refuse to give up.lol I?m going to check that website out now.

Comment

LS1Tech would be the site you want to search for this project. It's been done but there are issues you will run into such as having to cut/adjust/etc the firewall for the distributor. Here's one post I found regarding the swap, there are more however.
        https://ls1tech.com/forums/small-blo...swap-done.html

Comment

This a big job. The thread pointed out above is for a Chevy Small block. The PONTIAC 350 is an entirely different animal. It is (basically) the same block as the 400/455 and is a lot wider then an SBC, the trans bolt pattern is different from the Chevy bolt pattern. The starter is on the drivers side and the headers/exhaust manifolds will probably be in the way of the steering shaft. You will be in for a challenge getting this in there.
          Mark
          2002 C.E. WS6 RA TA- Yellow #190 of 2391
          1995 GMC Sierra Custom Pickup-White with pearl blue stealth flames
          1994 Formula V8-Red
          2000 Monte Carlo SS-Galaxy Silver
          2001 Astro- The wifes DD
          2004 Astro- My DD
          1992 Astro (291K) Gave to my brother-in-law... still going strong

Comment

I didn't even pay attention to that part, just saw 350 lol. My fault, sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X