Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1bad83ta: Did you get the TC in yet??

If so, how does it run?
    1984 Pontiac Trans Am. Well, most of it anyway. Some of it is 1969 Chevy. Some of it is 1982 4-cylinder Firebird, 1987 Trans Am, and 1991 Formula 1LE. Some of it is 1994 Trans Am, and some of it is 1999 SLP Firehawk. The rest is aftermarket.

I got it in. But haven't started the car yet. hopefully I can get it running tomorrow. If so I will give you a full report. I have to have it running by sunday and driveable so i hope it works out.
    sigpic
    And another thing.....when I gun the motor, I want the whole world to think it's coming to an end.
    -Homer Simpson

Comment

Sweet man HURRY UP! Git-r-D-U-N done!
      -08 G8 GT DD: Rotofab CAI, HID's, Breyton Race GTS'
      -86 Iroc Project: LQ4, Th400, S400, Ford 9"

Comment

Got er dun. Shes a runnin. Not driveable yet but its running. Pics and a mov in the car almost done thread in the pit.
        sigpic
        And another thing.....when I gun the motor, I want the whole world to think it's coming to an end.
        -Homer Simpson

Comment

I got the car done and so far the TC is working good. I haven't stalled the car yet becuase I am still breaking in the motor but it seems to work good.
          I am having a small problem with the trans itself and I don't know what the problem is. When I shift through the gears myself when the trans goes from second to third it sorta shifts into neutral between the two and then pops hard into third. I don't know what could cause this.
          sigpic
          -Homer Simpson

Comment

trany problem

did you put that trans in yourself? my trans does the same thing at low speeds but thats because it has a shift kit.. what trans are you running in it?
            Originally posted by Frank The Tank
            Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low.

Comment

I don't think its the shift kit. The trans is messed up. It won't downshift and I have the TV cable adjusted right. I think I am just going to get it rebuilt to handle about 500HP when I get the money.
              sigpic
              -Homer Simpson

Comment

I would suggest Brians Transmission in Columbiaville he does all my work and I never broke a trans after he worked on it, even behind the 455 that killed a few muncies

Comment

Don't go to Cottman or whatever the hell it is......they can go to hell

Lee

Comment

your about the 30th person to say that

Comment

Originally posted by 89Firebird
                      Don't go to Cottman or whatever the hell it is......they can go to hell

Lee
                      Count me as # 31 and it's from personal, painful experience.
                      1984 Pontiac Trans Am. Well, most of it anyway. Some of it is 1969 Chevy. Some of it is 1982 4-cylinder Firebird, 1987 Trans Am, and 1991 Formula 1LE. Some of it is 1994 Trans Am, and some of it is 1999 SLP Firehawk. The rest is aftermarket.

Comment

Working...
                      X