Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '78 WS6/W72 Trans am is officially gone!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '78 WS6/W72 Trans am is officially gone!!!

Wished that I had the space and money to have kept it but I bought it with the purpose to make a little bit to do some needed repairs around the house. 1st person that showed up to look at it bought it for $16500 cash!!! I agreed to help with the replacement of the bad fan shroud and install of a hood bird. Funny thing is that I found that the buyer is a distant cousion of mine. At least I have the piece of mind knowing he's got the means and the money to take care of it.

Awe man sorry to see it go. Sounds like she's in good hands tho. Congrats on the sale!
    2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

At least it's not too far away if you ever wanna try and buy it back. Beautiful car!
      sigpic
      1994 Camaro Z28 83K M6, CAI, AFR 190cc, 11.6:1, Hooker headers, Hooker ORY, Mangnaflow exhaust, AI 230/238, 1.6 RR, B&M Short throw, Hays clutch, 4.10 gear.

Member: The Mid Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
      manuals should be launched off the limiter and the throttle shouldn't leave the floor til 10 feet after the finish line

Comment

I have to admit that I shed a tear when I read this...but I'm glad it's going to a good home...
        Originally posted by Redd8407
        I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
        Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
        WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
        Originally posted by Darren
        I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

Wow - 16.5 - didn't realize they cost that much! Sounds like you got a good deal? Hopefully, you're happy with the amount you got. Either way, sorry to hear it sold just from the stand point that you don't have it anymore but congrats on the sale at the same point - bitter sweet.
          - Brian Meissen
          Owner, MiFBody.com
          Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
          2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
          Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
          June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
          The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

congrats on the sale - you got a really good price for it

13th!!! Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2017
            June 10th, 2017 - 9am to 3pm!!!
            Bakers of Milford, Milford, MI

Classics only cost alot if you add up what you spend!

sigpic

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
            - Dale Earnhardt -

Comment

Whats it going to be replaced with?
              1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Well, I'd like to replace it with my first car that I bought when I was in high school. I know it's only a 80 TA with the small 301 but it's as clean as the one I just sold. I could always make that into a 400/4sp car I am sure.

Comment

congrats on the sale!

Comment

Thanks. With the money my wife got to get to the dentist, I sided my one garage, paid off a note at the bank, paid off some credit cards and should have money to re roof both garages, redo my bathroom and freshen up things around the house. Yes, I was saddened to see it go but also a sigh of relief of the things I can do with the money. My credit is good and if I find another bird to buy I'll be able to get it one way or another.

Comment

Congrats on the sale! Bitter sweet but their is always that next car out there.

Comment

sad to see it go..that was an awesome car...but you got a very fair deal for it! good luck with all the household updates and keep us posted when you get that next one!
                        sigpic

Comment

OK will do 8-O

Comment

Working...
                          X