X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 z28 troubleshooting help.

Hi Everybody, I haven't posted on here in a while. I need some help troubleshooting a starting problem on my 94 z28 build. It is a donor body, all other parts came of my daughters 94 z28, that she promptly wrecked 3 months after getting her DL. Not speeding, but making a left in front of oncoming traffic. I found a donor car and swapped everything over. I can't get it to turn over, the security light is on, so I did the learn the key resistance procedure, the security lite stays on even after the key has been removed. It is a Manual car. I don't know if the clutch safety switch is an issue, is it the VAT? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I can't believe no one has any suggestions!!! Can someone at least tell me what the start procedure is? Trans in neutral? clutch in/out? how long does the security light stay on? Does it go? If it does, when?

Comment

I'm not much help - I only ever had a third and second gen F-Body.

It might be worth posting on the Facebook group, as much as I hate to suggest it (if you have Facebook, that is). Forums just don't get as much traffic these days, even if it's a far more useful location to post - especially to search.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

I'm in the same boat. No experience that would be helpful. Sorry.
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
          X