Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 4th Gen replacement power window regulator do you recommend?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 4th Gen replacement power window regulator do you recommend?

I'm experiencing the age-old 4th Gen power window regulator issue again, and I notice that GM has discontinued the OEM part. AC Delco, Cardone, Dorman, etc., sell their own replacement regulators with motors. Do any of you have a favorite? I think I read over on LS1Tech.com that all the aftermarket regulators are made by the same company, so just buy the cheapest one. Barring any concrete recommendations, I'll probably go with either the ACDelco or another good brand sold by a company that stands behind their parts warranties.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

I wouldnt put too much thought into it. Dorman and Delco are both good. I always recommend buying the entire regulator and motor as an assembled unit. The job is way easier (and safer) that way and you know everything is fresh.
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Plus, you have to drill out rivets to remove them, and then install the new ones with bolts, correct? Makes it a lot easier to replace it when it fails again.
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

I replaced mine with something from rockauto.com. Maybe $30? Drilled out rivets. wasn't a big deal.
        When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

I can't remember what I used but I remember drilling rivets and I installed the passenger window hotwire kit which made a huge difference in the speed of that window.
          My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
          1937 Chevy Extended Cab Pick-up (One of a kind)
          Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC

Comment

I just replaced my driver side motor yesterday. Dorman from autozone, $40 with lifetime warranty.

Comment

I bought a wiring kit online and wired the window motors to the battery a couple years ago. Haven?t had an issue with window motors dying since.

Comment

Working...
              X