X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktl711 View Post

Selling used tires is always a crap shoot. It's possible that you could have held out for more, but sometimes it's worth it to just quickly get that storage space back, and get that cash in your pocket. You get bonus karma points for having them end up on a 2001 WS6!
    Yeah, I figure it all works out in the end, and the WS6 factor was definitely a bonus. I ended up deciding I didn't want to bother with coordinating meet-ups with more people for the potential of $30 more. I had hoped he felt he needed to get in right away, before they disappeared, but that wasn't the case. Oh well!
    ktl711 likes this.
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6 | C4 ZR1 Wheels | Borla Cat-back
    sigpic

Comment

My wife did the rebate for the spark plugs today. $24! It's an Advanced Auto gift card, but that brings the cost of the plugs down to $30.
      ktl711 likes this.
      sigpic

Comment

Sweet! Great job, Mrs. Glenn! But, she does realize that the saved money is still supposed to be spent on the Trans Am, right?

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Lol, she did protest that it was a gift card rebate, and an auto parts store gift card at that!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here. My T/A has had a code for the passenger side cat (low efficiency), so I've been researching for the best replacements. I've been peeking around for long tube headers as well, but I don't want cheap eBay headers. At the same time, my current situation doesn't allow for me to spend loads of money on unnecessary things.

However, I came across this set of Hooker EGR long tubes with cats and the y-pipe. They look an awful lot like eBay headers to me, and the whole Y-pipe and all looks a bit odd to me. It sure seemed odd that the driver's side cat is significantly further back. Looks like it comes with front 02 sensors. No provisions for rear 02, but I suppose I could have those programmed out.

I dunno, anybody want to look at the ad and share your thoughts? For $200 (although 5 hours away), they look alright. Seller claims the cats are good.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5629892833959/

Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

Those look pretty solid to me - Hooker Comps - though I'm sure trying to install them attached to the cats/Y-Pipe could make it a bit of a *****. Given they're a little rusty, I'd suggest ceramic coating anyway.
              Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

There’s just what appears to be an 8-10” piece welded to the drivers side header, and nothing on the passenger side, so might not be too bad. It’s just hard given my living situation (renting a room with friends), and not a lot of time or room to work on it at “my house”. And we have financial goals for separating, so every penny counts. Still, an exact bolt in cat is $320......

Is ceramic coating worthwhile on header that have already started to rust?

And do I feel like driving 5 hours into the middle of Ohio?

Im parking it for the year soon. I have something going on in the rear that I fear is the torsen diff, but might just be a u-joint or trans mount or some other bushing that’s thumping/tapping from loading and unloading. Feels a little squirrelly too, so I tend to believe the rubber back there is shot. Only does it in 1st gear with questionable traction, mostly when turning but not always. It’s been a bit depressing to feel it deteriorating and having all the tools and money to fix it, but not the time nor place and having better things to spend money on. My truck is rotting to pieces, especially the bed. Work is stressing me out. I’m sick of living here. And I won’t even get into my girlfriend in Wales. . Covid has hit her and I quite hard.
                sigpic

Comment

I would say it is - they sandblast them before anyway, so they'd get rid of any rust.

But damn dude...that sounds like a lot going on...especially since it seems like something has changed since that post, and some words mentioned in your last couple posts (the ones from 2018)...it really gets tough when just...everything starts to happen at once.

Comment

Yeah, I’m doing better the past few days. Friday was rough.

The seller quoted $100 to ship everything. That’s really not too bad. It’s tempting. I wish that drivers cat wasn’t so far back. Seems like they would cause it to be less effective, or at least take a lot longer to get up to temp. Sure would love long tubes though.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think you could probably cut that and flip it around so it's mounted closer to the header, since you likely would have to cut it up anyway.

Comment

Oh how I wish I had a garage again. I started looking at rentals (houses), but I’d much rather buy. I’ve parked the car for the year and unfortunately need to worry about the truck now. I went to replace the drivers side wheel bearing for the second time (owned since April 2004), and found that the pitman arm is shot again. The wheel bearing might fix my ABS problem, but I found no play in it. What I did find was a hole in the front section of the frame, passenger side, behind the wheel. It’s in the boxed section, so it’s fine to drive IMO, but dang, that’s depressing. The bedsides are shot too. Poor thing only has 159,166 miles.

I already miss the T/A

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't blame you there - if you can afford the initial down payment, buying is a much better option compared to renting, especially with interest rates so low - even counting the mandatory 1/2 point that is being charged now, but the market is pretty hot in certain areas/price ranges.

I presume the pitman arm has a ball-joint mounted on it? My '81's pitman arm literally is just a big piece of steel...no moving parts on it at all, so I don't think it really can go bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X