Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just get my 68 right where I want it then proceed to tear into it again and again.Thats the fun part for me...always tinkering.

Comment

So these are the cars I grew up around (don't mind the wedding decorations on the SS). The Fastback was mom's and the SS is dad's.

Now I own this.

I can't think it's a coincidence that I have a love for old cars!

That green Nova was tearing around MSU just a few years before you were there I think Chet. I 'd have to double check what year my dad graduated from there.

Comment

Very cool. I like the Chevy II's a lot. It will be a nice ride when you're done with it.

Comment

Id like to build a first gen soon. I agree they can be affordable if youre creative about how you do it and not worry so much about originality.
          -Joel
          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Last year when I bought my 97, I saw a 68 Z28. It needed a lot of work but it drove. Guy wanted only 6k for it. I would have bought it if my grandparents would have let me [emoji14] I'm happy with my car though, sometimes.
            When I was down in Texas 3 years ago, I plenty of first gens for sale. I was on a school trip so I couldn't look at any of em!
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro Z28 M6 with stuff done to it.

Comment

If I could find someone who would straight trade me a 1st gen for Red Alert, I'd do it. They'd have to be insane to do it, but I'd do it.
              - Brian Meissen
              Owner, MiFBody.com
              Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
              2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
              Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
              June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
              The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Haha I'd trade you mine for a straight $20k plus red alert.
                ..............____ .......
                ________|___\____
                |__(O)__|____|_(O)|

HEI distributors are pointless.

"The Mustang’s front end is problematic, get yourself a Firebird. "- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
                  If I could find someone who would straight trade me a 1st gen for Red Alert, I'd do it. They'd have to be insane to do it, but I'd do it. [emoji38]sign:
                  I'm thinking that'd be a pretty one sided trade lol. That's like me trading into a hellcat with my iroc z lol

Comment

iroc z> hell cat. cmon mike
                    91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
                    85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
                    00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
                    97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Haha I didn't say the 1st gen had to be in good condition If it was a drive-able project car I'd be happy. Something in the $5,000-$7,000 range. Wouldn't be pretty, probably would have some rust in the floor boards, but if it had a running engine I'd be happy with that kind of trade.
                      Last edited by meissen; April 14th, 2015, 08:38 PM.
                      - Brian Meissen
                      Owner, MiFBody.com
                      Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                      2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                      Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                      June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                      The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Lets not talk about rusty floorboards right now, mmmmkay?

Comment

Here is my first gen I found while cleaning out my barn.

And here is my first car that I drove to high school. I still have it.

Comment

We are still lurking around....
                            but yes it seems most active members are 4th GEN owners. I am not old late 30's , and I just picked up a 2010 SS, as well.
                            Last edited by BULLITT65; March 14th, 2016, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C2YT View Post
                              In my opinion, most first gens are owned by older gentlemen who have no use for forums like these. Plus, their cars are usually finished and don't wish to tweak it anymore. The "if it ain't broke don't fix it" idea comes into play.

Love to see older camaro threads though, it refreshes the 3rd and 4th gens around here.
                              I have a first Gen that I'm always working on. I'm currently doing an LS1 Swap (going on 2 years). Honestly, when I was posting regularly years ago, I felt like I was the only one with a First Gen.
                              If there were more First Gen guys (or gals) around, I'd probably post more.
                              sigpic

Comment

I live in the northeast United States, affectionately known as the "snow belt", by the weather people, and the "rust belt", by the car enthusiasts. Therefore, there aren't all that many 1st gens still around. For whatever reasons, back in those days, not too many people stored their cars in the winter, probably because for the most part, "next year" always promised longer, lower, wider, and more powerful. Therefore, most people, even the "gearheads" traded up, every couple of years, and sadly, in the ensuing years, the first gen F-Bods worked their way down the "food chain" into "beater" status.

My father was sales rep for an industrial equipment company, and while his car was a "rolling office", he still liked driving a sporty car. He purchased a new Camaro in 1967, and the following year, 1968, I took my drivers test it it. He traded it off in '70 for something else. I had a couple of other cars, initially, and then in the summer '76, I ordered my first F-body, a '77 Trans Am. I kept it for 25 years. In between, as well as at the same time, I had an '85 Firebird SE, as well as a '96 Z/28. I sold the SE, to buy the Z/28, and kept the Z until 2015......

Comment

Working...
                                X