Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally wetsand and wheeled my PPM 93 Z28 today!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deeznuts94 View Post
    Looks great man! We wheeled and polished mine last summer. Definitely a long pain in the ass process, but worth it in the end. My paint was pretty sun damaged. It came back for the most part although we did find some spots where the clear coat was pretty thin. I look forward to seeing your car at the M&G and out on Woodward this summer.
    Thanks!! it all pays off when it's complete. Ill be at the m&g for sure!
    2002 Z28 Camaro A4
    1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
    1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
    2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
    -- MCALUS MOLDED PILLAR PODS, PM ME FOR MORE INFO--
    sigpic

Comment

Looks great. Yeah I do it as well. I have yet to do my 2002 Dodge 2500 long box. I think that will take me all weekend LOL!! It's right out of the gun, and around a year old already.
      Should be nice and hard by now haha!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin842 View Post
        Looks great. Yeah I do it as well. I have yet to do my 2002 Dodge 2500 long box. I think that will take me all weekend LOL!! It's right out of the gun, and around a year old already.
        Should be nice and hard by now haha!
        Same here. My was just shy of a year old. I was expecting it to rub a lot harder but it wasn't bad with the 3000 trizac.
        2002 Z28 Camaro A4
        1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
        1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
        2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
        sigpic

Comment

Couple of the pics from painting it Enjoy!

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
          1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
          1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
          2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
          sigpic

Comment

I like detailing my car. it is alot of work, but in the end it is always worth it. I would be open to working on peoples cars, but i do not have the mass of equipment or the experience of a true detailer. I am just a guy that likes good looking cars and an average attention span. I should take a few pictures of when i work on wet sanding and buffing my hood, along with the rest of the car.
            1998 Pontiac Firebird T/A, M6, LT Headers, ORY, Borlamouth, tubular LCA and Panhard bar, lowered 1.5". More to come

Comment

Originally posted by pferris View Post
              I like detailing my car. it is alot of work, but in the end it is always worth it. I would be open to working on peoples cars, but i do not have the mass of equipment or the experience of a true detailer. I am just a guy that likes good looking cars and an average attention span. I should take a few pictures of when i work on wet sanding and buffing my hood, along with the rest of the car.
              I wouldn't recommend anything more coarse than 3000 if its stock clear. Wouldn't want to spend the cash repainting it when you burn through the clear
              2002 Z28 Camaro A4
              1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
              1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
              2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
              sigpic

Comment

Me and my dad painted it last summer. You should see the orange peel It is bad, thinking starting out with 600, then work my way to 3000 then a buffing and polishing compound. Then a few days ago i tried my new da polisher. It is really nice, and cleaned up my car nicely. Although i did take it easy because i wasnt sure how thick the clear was. once i get a coat of wax on it and under some light i will snap a few pictures.
                1998 Pontiac Firebird T/A, M6, LT Headers, ORY, Borlamouth, tubular LCA and Panhard bar, lowered 1.5". More to come

Comment

Your project thread will be inducted into the Mifbody HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by BP_Z28 View Post
                    Your project thread will be inducted into the Mifbody HOF.
                    That would be sweet
                    2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                    1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                    1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                    2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X