X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post pictures of GM show cars

This forum is HUGE, it's hard to look at all the great topics, so I wanted to make this one myself.

Post any and all pictures of 4th gen show cars you've seen. I know a lot of you have been to shows where GM brought some of its special Camaros out.

Let's see some pics of Jon Moss's Camaros, and some of the SEMA cars and such.

I'll start. I didn't take this picture, and don't know who did, but this is what was known as the Cool-Side Camaro. I talked to Scott Settlemire about it, because I wasn't familiar with it, and this is what he had to say about it:
    called the "Cool-side Camaro" -- Jon Moss built it in, I believe, 1994. It had engine mods and paint/interior trim. It was, as I recall, used at Race Rock in Florida for several years. When we got it back (it was a V6 by the way...) we stored it at World Wide Camaro (when they were still in Orlando...) -- and then it was shipped with a few other cars from WWC to the Corvette Museum for that particular show.
    I hate to inform you that it was shipped back to Detroit and eventually scrapped. (it was in bad shape from Race Rock)

Post some pics and a little info if you know anything about the car you're posting! I'd really love to see some pics of Jon Moss's '93 Camaro ZL-1 before the front-end conversion and carbureted big block engine was installed.
    sigpic
    my 4th Generation Camaro History website
    http://sites.google.com/site/brangeta/
    Brangeta Design Group
    http://www.brangeta.com

http://mifbody.com/vbulletin/showthr...hlight=glister

John Glister's Camaro GTZ show car. I don't know any details on it, though, unfortunately.
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
    June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

This thread will bring Doug and Gary out of the woodwork...lol...
      Originally posted by Redd8407
      I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
      Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
      WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
      Originally posted by Darren
      I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

2001 Camaro 302 Concept

In the spirit of that original 1967-69 Camaro Z28, Westech Automotive and Chevrolet have built a new 302 Camaro, which debuted at the 2000 SEMA Show. It features a new 302: a high-revving 5.0-liter LS1-based V8 that is high performance--and all business.

The 302 Camaro's V8, a descendant of the original, has a host of modern, computer-age technologies on board to help it recreate the magic of the muscular original. The engine creates a whopping
        435 horsepower at 6000 rpm and is mated to a blueprinted T-56 6-speed transmission, with a heavy-duty 4.10:1 limited-slip differential. The engine features specially modified LS6 cylinder heads, custom-built pistons and lightweight rods. Its high-flow air intake and mass air sensor help keep breathing steady, fast and furious.

SLP Engineering, which works with Chevrolet and Pontiac to build the Camaro SS and Firebird Firehawk, among other high-performance vehicles, contributed a lightweight flywheel, aluminum differential cooler and a heavy-duty axle assembly. The 302 also features a carbon fiber driveshaft. The chassis has been stiffened with Hotchkis springs, sway bars, rear control arms, panhard bar and strut tower brace. Koni double-adjustable shocks and Baer Racing 14-inch cross-drilled brake rotors and PBR calipers help with cornering at speed.
        The 302's interior is complete with an L.G. Motorsports roll bar, special Recaro seats with 5-point safety harnesses and a billet Hurst 6-speed shifter. The exterior is graced with an SLP Bow Tie grille assembly, as well as special striping and "302" badging. The car rides on really cool looking 18-inch American Racing Torq-Thrust II wheels shod with extra sticky BFGoodrich Z-rated ultra-high-performance tires.
        Western Michigan Camaro Club ~ President
        1987 Camaro IROC-Z Pearl White & Black w/ Red Pearl, 355 TPI, A4, 3:42, AirRide,"GOMARO"
        2017 Silverado Double Cab Z71 Pepperdust Metallic, 5.3, A6, 3:42, "SASYZ71"
        2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White, 3800
        WMCC Website www.wmcamaro.org

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,
        is strong enough to take everything you have." — Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
        are willing to work and give to those who would not."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Why don't we just start with some old reliable shots from the Meet & Greet last year...

I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
          I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

1987 Custom made Camaro
            New Kids On The Block MTV Special

Did you know that the New Kids On The Block had a Custom Supercharged Camaro done for them? We were the first to introduce all these pictures of this interesting, unheard of Camaro on a Camaro site. Check it out!

This 1987 Camaro custom convertible New Kids On The Block MTV Special Car had a VIN of 1G1FP21F8HL107515.

In 1987, the designer-maker of the Warner Brothers' "Batmobile" built this beautiful custom 1987 camaro convertible especially for the New Kids On The Block.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z Pearl White & Black w/ Red Pearl, 355 TPI, A4, 3:42, AirRide,"GOMARO"

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Drive-Aid Signature Camaro
              Here you will learn all about the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro that was given away at the Drive-Aid concert in New York on February 20th, 1986.

What exactly is the "Drive-Aid Signature Camaro"?:

On February 20th, 1986, there was a Drive-Aid concert in New York which were holding a prize sweepstake where someone would win the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro (Also known as the LIVE-AID Camaro).

Chevrolet, along with MTV, had donated two (2) white 1985 IROC-Z's as the Drive-Aid sweepstakes prizes. Both cars were signed by approximately 100 of the entertainers who had appeared in the previous July's Live-Aid concert in Philadelphia. All signatures were written big & bold with the use of multi-colored paint pens. To preserve and protect these signatures, they were covered with several layers of clearcoat.

Who exactly signed these signatures?:

Approximately 100 of the entertainers who had appeared in the previous July's Live-Aid concert that was held in Philadelphia were those those who signed the special Camaro's. Among these singers included, Mick Jagger, Bette Midler, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Ozzy Osbourne, Jeff Bridges, Don Johnson, Mike Love, The Four Tops, Keith Richards, Brian Wilson, Bo Diddley, and more.

How exactly were they won?:

The fact remain that only 1 of the 2 Camaro's were given away. The Live-Aid Foundation kept one of the 2 Drive-Aid Signature Camaro's.

The process on winning this special Drive-Aid Signature Camaro went like this: You would have to go to a Chevy dealer where you would then fill out an entry blank. You then had to send that Drive-Aid Signature Camaro sweepstakes entry blank into a local radio station. Eight (8) people would be selected at random from all across the county. Each of those 8 people selected would then go to the Drive-Aid concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York. At the beginning of the presentation, each of these 8 finalists would then reach into a bag of keys and drew one (1) out. Only 1 of the 8 keys would be the winner. Each of these 8 finalists would then have a turn coming up to the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro and try their randomly selected key in the Camaro's drive side door. The one who's key opened the door was the winner of the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro.

So who finally won the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro?:

The lucky winner of the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro went a man named Ken Bowser of Colchester, Connecticut.

What happened to the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro?:

In august of 1986, Ken decided to put the car up for auction in Auburn, Indiana with a reserve of $40,000.

Where is the Drive-Aid Signature Camaro now?:

As far as our sources say, it was put up for auction (As mentioned above) and was not sold. We BELIEVE it was finally sold as there was a "Live-Aid" Camaro shown by General Motors at the recent 2001 F-Body 35th Anniversary Party gathering on September 21-23, 2001 in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

The possibility that this is the 1 Drive-Aid (From the Live-Aid concert) that was kept by the Live-Aid Foundation is a very high possibility.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That Kids on the Block thing is hideous...

Comment

GM's 1996 "PLAY IT LOUD" Camaro outfitted with a custom Kenwood sound system consisting of Indash headunit, 6amps, 4 sub woofer, 4 mid range speakers, 4 tweeters and an electronic crossover.

GM's 1985 GTZ CONCEPT CAMARO

Here are some pictures of the California Camaro IROC-Z Concept car designed and built in 1989. You can easily see where the styling cues to the 93-97 Camaro came from.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

An Aero Camaro
                    Here you will learn all about the Aerodynamic Camaro that was spied at a test track at GM's Milford, Michigan providing grounds.

What exactly is the "Aero Camaro"?:

In late 1983, there were spy shots in several automotive publications showing what was clearly a camaro but one with a very different look to it. This Camaro had a very rounded aerodynamic nose as well as a good-sized blister on top of the hood and non-factory 16-inch wheels.

So what? How do we know was REAL and not FAKE?:

Normally photo's like this not have raised as many eyebrows like it did, except for the fact where they were taken.

These spy pictures were taken on at a test track at GM's Milford, Michigan providing grounds. As a result, this proved the authenticity of the photo's of being an actual experimental GM Camaro. Many rumors started to circulate, among these, perhaps this was a look at a future generation Camaro...

What exactly WAS GM doing with this experimental Camaro?:

According to Camaro engineer Phil Leistra, "This was mostly an engineering project to brainstorm various aero, powertrain, chassis, and suspension concepts that some of the Camaro engineers were considering for the production F-Car; to see how we could make the car look different and yet use the same basic shell. We put together a lightweight, high-fuel-economy, good-handling car. The suspension engineers optimized the front-to-rear weight distribution before evaluating their new suspension concepts. As a result, they designed a slick fiberglass nose the minimize front weight and losses due to aerodynamic drag. But this was strictly a concept vehicle, nothing more; not for production."

What other features did this Aero Camaro have?:

Under that sleek looking hood bulge laid a high-tech, high-horsepower, 60-degree, fuel-injected V6 with several performance extras. These extras included headers, aluminum heads, plus various items already in production; roller lifters, multi-port fuel injection, electric cooling fans, the Poly-Vee serpentine accessory belt drive, etc.

Was there a turbo in the picture?:

The Camaro engineer Phil Leistra said there was no turbo to be installed in the foreseeable future.

That nose looks like the nose on the Fiero GT/Pacecar! Was that nose on the Aero camaro influenced by the Fiero GT/Pacecar?:

The Camaro engineer Phil Leistra said that the Aero Camaro was not influenced by the Fiero GT/Pacecar simply because the Aero Camaro pre-dated the Fiero GT.

Was any of the parts of the Aero Camaro influenced by any other car?:

The Camaro engineer Phil Leistra said that the Aero Camaro had independent rear suspension which was modified from the current generation Corvette. "It was modified in terms of what we wanted to do with the camber curve and rear-axle steer."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
                      http://mifbody.com/vbulletin/showthr...hlight=glister

John Glister's Camaro GTZ show car. I don't know any details on it, though, unfortunately.
                      I wrote a really accurate article on that car on my website in my sig, make sure to check it out! Very few pictures on my site (if any) were taken by me, so if someone tooks photos, I'd be happy to give credit.
                      sigpic
                      my 4th Generation Camaro History website
                      http://sites.google.com/site/brangeta/
                      Brangeta Design Group
                      http://www.brangeta.com

Comment

[ATTACH]10641[/ATTACH]
                        1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

too bad the 302 camaro wasn't put into production so that the mustang fanboys would quit crying about more displacement. Oh wait they only have what 281 now? Anyone know if those 302 motors are around for purchase? Sounds like an ineresting and different way to have high horsepower.....

2011 Mustang GT
                          20" Satin Black AMRs with 305/35 & 275/35 MT Street Radials, Saleen Grille, CS Lower Valance, Roush Axleback, GT500 Spoiler, resonator delete

In Progress: Brembo 6-piston brake upgrade

Comment

anyone have specs on the 302 motor?

2011 Mustang GT
                            20" Satin Black AMRs with 305/35 & 275/35 MT Street Radials, Saleen Grille, CS Lower Valance, Roush Axleback, GT500 Spoiler, resonator delete

In Progress: Brembo 6-piston brake upgrade

Comment

Working...
                            X