X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some new wheels...

I will add pictures shortly, but I am DONE with the white wheels. I just drive the car too much to keep them clean. I makes me HATE taking the car anywhere because I know by the time I get there they are going to be filthy, on top of the fact that they just don't clean up easy. I takes SERIOUS work to scrub them clean.

I love the look, and people are always saying how different it is and how much it "makes" the look of the car. But it seriously inhibits my enjoying the car. I cleaned them before I left for the M&G, got there, spent 20 minutes cleaning them and gave up. They looked disgusting and embarrassing. And now there are stains forming that I can't get out.

SO on that note. What's everyone think? I think even silver 10 spokes would look good, but the design of this wheel just makes it a bear to keep clean. So I'm trying to steer clear of that option. Years ago I saw a car that had AR Rebels on it that I loved, and I have been working with a member here on a set, but I just realized the offset doesn't really match up, and if I'm going to get something new, I want to hold on to them for a while.

Any recommendations? The only thing I can realistically afford at this point is a used set, so that will play a factor as well.
    1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

5344609908_3c162b430a_b.jpg
    5344610592_76e9d0a81e_b.jpg
    5344616178_03a39486f5_b.jpg

Comment

Are your wheels clear coated over the white powder? If they are just straight white then I agree that would be a HUGE pain to keep clean... On that note, PM me what your thinking on those wheels when you are ready to sell them

I love ZR1 wheels, I have the silver ones but polished always looks good too.

Comment

Darren, I honestly dont know. I took them to a powder coater told them "I want these white". The next day, they were, lol.

If I sell them you will be the first to know!

Comment

If they were cleared with either powder or paint they wouldn't be as hard to clean. I've done a few things white and the one that I didn't clear was hard to keep white and became stained very fast. But the parts that I cleared would clean up much easier.

You might want to look into that and see what it would cost to get them cleared. For the record I've never painted (cleared) powder before but I have been told you can.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk

Comment

My opinion for what its worth

I'd try and keep the white 10 spokes. As you said, they really do make the car. Get them clear coated (it really sounds like they aren't) and look into some low dust pads, your wheels shouldn't be covered in brake dust after a 20 min drive.

IF you are 100% on getting rid of them as it sounds you are, please don't go to something boring. You had different with the white 10 spokes that set your car apart and made it turn heads, some chrome zr1s are going to make it look like just another car.

2011 Mustang GT
            20" Satin Black AMRs with 305/35 & 275/35 MT Street Radials, Saleen Grille, CS Lower Valance, Roush Axleback, GT500 Spoiler, resonator delete

In Progress: Brembo 6-piston brake upgrade

Comment

Working...
            X