X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSBC brakes?

so im thinkin in the spring when i get my new rims... i want to get some new bigger better brakes...... not only to stop better, but they look better behind nice rims...anyways...i've been lookin at the SSBC 4 piston calipers and slotted rotors for the front...and the slotted rotors for the rear.....my question is...has anyone heard anything good/bad about these brakes..they seem priced pretty good. and it seems like every restorod/protouring car in HotRod has 'em on them...just wanted some peoples 2 cents!....im lookin at them too because you can get the calipers anodized black from them..and i think that'll look cool...cause red calipers are overrated in my opinion....not to offend anyone who may have red brakes.

i think these would look pretty good behind a set of Black Z06 Motorsports rims
    1998 Camaro SS Bullseye Turbo
    2002 F-250 7.3 Leveled on 20s with 35's
    2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary
    http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...-Update/page11

Then these for the rears

i need to fix my e-brake too lol....last night i backed up to my garage...pulled the eBrake...and got out... my car started to slowly squeek and roll a lill down my driveway lol... i think the cable just needs adjusting...gotta pull handle strait up to get the thing to actually "brake"

Comment

ssbc makes very good stuff, they make parts for a couple of the big brand companies

Comment

that will look sweet, i think red brakes look cool but thats me

please excuse my spelling... i went to a cathlic school.
        Originally posted by 02hawk796
        3.4 Camaro > < 4.6 Stang

Comment

i know the red would look sweet. but it just seems like everyones got 'em...so i wanna be different and i think black behind black rims would look very clean and subtle....cause as yall may know... i like simple little changes that are not noticable until you get up close!

Comment

that plus you have that nice solid black top with black rims and cali.. it will look very clean...
            Originally posted by Frank The Tank
            Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low.

Comment

yeah that's what im thinkin.... plus my windows all being tinted again it looks like a black bubble on top of my red car lol..... I really like my chrome rims now...they set it off really nice, but i'm gonna go with the all black. worst comes to worse i can always sell black rims and get new chrome ones again. but the all black should look very clean! i like clean and simple....why try to change a perfectly sexy car!??!!?????

Comment

I'd just say paint the calipers black when the wheels are off and get new drilled and slotted rotors to put on since the stock brake are pretty decent. That way you'll save yourself a whole lot of money for other mods and still have better brakes, just depends how far you wanna go. If I had to choose new brake rotors though I'd definatly go with the SSBCs too.
                Doing less with more

Comment

Damn. Where do you get all the money from Matt? You must be pretty loaded or drowning in debt. LOL.

Pass me about $500 okay?

Comment

Yeah them West Bloomfield peeps are rich, the GFs rents live out there and every time I go out there it feels like I'm not baller enough to fit in. lol
                    Doing less with more

Comment

haha yeah that is the stereotype for west bloomfield kids..."rich ass snobs" and that's about 95% accurate...but no i pay for all my own shit.... except insurance....i bust my ass workin 6 days a week at "Detail Express" that's where i make my loot!....i get paid commission..so i work my ass harder to make more money. plus seeing how my shop is next to W.B. ... we charge a crap load of money for our "services" mostly because well we do an amazing job..and we can get away with it...cause all the rich ass people around here like their asses wiped for them!...and i make most of my money in the spring and fall...that's the "boat season" we charge a lot for boats...cause we charge by the foot for the outsides..which racks up pretty quick...but anyways i work my ass off for all my stuff.
                      Also.. i get paid cash...that certainly helps a LOT!!....during boat season i generally rake in $500 to $1000 in a week cash. so when im busting my hump in the spring and fall... modd money comes in pretty fast. then come winter time im usually not making as much. i get paid 35% commission on anything i do. so that's where it all comes from...not mommy and daddy..... if i did get mommy and daddy's money too.... damn i'de have a strait up drag car lol!

Comment

Yeah I asked my dad to loan me money for my car.... he bought himself a Harley instead lol.
                        Doing less with more

Comment

yeah i've been thinkin more about what you said....i think...which i have a lot of time to do this "thinking" lol.... i think i might just get the rotors, and then get my calipers powdercoated black.... my stepdad gets all kindsa stuff powdercoated by some dude he does a lot of business with. he got my dirtbike frame and rims and hubs and stuff powdercoated from this dude, i think i might call him up and have him powdercoat my calipers black??? save me some money....then i could get that 100 wet shot i was thinkin about

Comment

You bastards with your power adders, someday I'll have mine but until then your cheating lol.
                            Doing less with more

Comment

if i really had money i'd like to get a forged motor built, and then turbo or blower.....but, i don't have that much money, so i'm just gonna go for cheap thrills if i can!

Comment

Working...
                              X