Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Project] Jeremy's (mom's) 1985 Corvette C4

Hey All,

Thought I would share the newest project with you all.

A little backstory, my mom has talked about wanting a corvette for as long as I can remember, she always told my brothers and I that we should buy one so she could drive it. So I have been keeping an eye out for a few years now for a decently priced car. I had originally reached out to Darren when he had is C4 about possibly buying it, that ended up not working out either as my parents are cheapskates haha!

Lets fast forward to a few weeks ago, my brother messages me about a 1985 C4 that came up for sale on fb that has a seized engine, but otherwise appeared to be a solid project, within the first 45 minutes of it being up it already had like 20 comments on it about people wanting it, so I commented on the post and messaged the guy saying I wanted it, coincidentally the guy who was selling the car was also chatting with Darren at the same time about possibly buying his Camaro, Darren put in a good word for me and I jumped to the front of the list to buy this thing, so I grabbed a trailer the next day and bought the car (thanks again Darren)

So we are trying to be as budget friendly on this car as possible, my moms 60th Birthday is January 1st and we plan to have it "done" for her by then as a surprise.

Current Plan:
    - Get Exterior looking good, cleaned, waxed, etc. car is already pretty decent.
    - Replace weather stripping
    - Do all maintenance stuff (filters, bulbs, fluids, etc)
    - Clean up interior, replace broken pieces (misc trim, shifter boot, horn button, etc)
    - Fix / Replace engine
    - Make sure all the little things work (A/C, locks, windows, cruise, etc)

so if anyone has a lead on a solid 350 short block for a good price, please let me know!
    "Project Shadowfax" <- Clicky Clicky

1984 Pontiac Trans Am (15th Anniversary Edition)
    L69 (High Output 5.0) / 700r4 Auto Trans

also if anyone knows any C4 guys who part these things out, let me know

Comment

Looks to be in great shape! Should be a fun project. The frame and everything look good, rust wise?
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
        Looks to be in great shape! Should be a fun project. The frame and everything look good, rust wise?
        As far as Ive seen so far, everything seems to be very solid. We pulled the valve covers and the heads looked good as far as we can see, doesn't look like a dropped valve or anything, oil looks good too, no sludge ,grime or anything, seems like the engine was actually well taken care of for the most part, so we aren't 100% what the deal is yet, going to start pulling the engine apart to see if we can see anything else going on thats keeping it from turning over, might be as easy as a bound up starter for all we know.

hoping for the best, but expecting the worst!

Comment

Interesting...will be interesting to see what you find.

Even if its something minor like that, it's probably worth refreshing the engine while you have the car apart and the time to do so.
          Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Working...
          X