X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Shop

I am looking to have my block bored and some machine work done to make it a 383 stroker. What I am looking for is a machine shop to take it to near the Ann Arbor area. Any suggestion? Also, any idea what something like that cost?

If you're set on taking it somewhere in Ann Arbor, Auto Parts Machine Shop did a few jobs for a buddy of mine that came out good. They weren't performance oriented tasks, but the work was perfectly fine.

That said, if you're willing to drive a little, I highly recommend Dave Harmon @ Enginecraft. I think he's in Holly now.

Comment

yeah i know where they are but they have shut down and the building is up for sale in Ann Arbor. I'm not dead set on it Ann Arbor but it is close to home

Comment

Originally posted by drewmac2882 View Post
        yeah i know where they are but they have shut down and the building is up for sale in Ann Arbor. I'm not dead set on it Ann Arbor but it is close to home
        No kidding. My buddy just had some heads cleaned up and such earlier this year. That sucks.

That said, for any sort of a performance build I wouldn't let an extra hour or two drive be the hold up. I'd certainly make the drive for Enginecraft. Another member just went there recently and posted prices for a very similar job.

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...ecommendations

Comment

Fastime Racing in Taylor is a great shop, they just did a bunch of work for my brother and are very professional.
          "Project Shadowfax" <- Clicky Clicky

1984 Pontiac Trans Am (15th Anniversary Edition)
          L69 (High Output 5.0) / 700r4 Auto Trans

Comment

Originally posted by drewmac2882 View Post
            Asked my buddy who's dealt with them. Says they're still in business, they're in the business park south of I94 and State St.? Phone number (734) 663-9381

Comment

Cultice Race Engines down here in Adrian did a great job making my LT1 a 383.

Comment

This place is a not in ann arbor but he's damn good. Give steve Stratton a call at Hillsdale performance this was his number at the shop , im not sure if it's still good 5174374468. He built my forged 355 and my cousins boosted 383 . He's pretty busy so sometimes it can take awhile but it's quality work.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                sigpic1997 firehawk # 115 6 speed. Its just a little ole LT1

Comment

Working...
                X