X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has turbo'd their 3800?

I need to know who I can call on when questions arise.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3 sexiness via tapatalk

Thought you were selling the car??
    2002 Z28 Camaro A4
    1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
    1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
    2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
    -- MCALUS MOLDED PILLAR PODS, PM ME FOR MORE INFO--
    sigpic

Comment

Lots of people have, with some great results. Just do some digging. There are some different forums and facebook groups full of great info.
      1991 Camaro RS: "Tiny Turbo Mullet"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcalus View Post
        Thought you were selling the car??
        nobody's buying so I'm putting some research together. If it doesn't sell before I get all the bills paid then I'm keeping it. This far not 1 person has shown interest.

Comment

clubgp.com should have a lot of information on turbo-ing an L36. Your intake will be different as the FWD variant pulls air from the rear of the engine.
          2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

I would think you could get some good info from the grand national guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfreak391 View Post
              I would think you could get some good info from the grand national guys!
              completely different engine, but I bet they have some good advice!

Comment

I will try and chime in here, as I know a few people who have done this. Here are the basic things:

Turbo
                Wastegate (if not internal)
                blow off valve
                headers (log or forward)
                FMIC
                Mandrel bends
                Couplers
                Injectors
                Fuel Pump
                Engine Management / Tuning
                Wideband o2 Sensor
                Oil Lines & other Misc. things

Hope that helps, some people have had great results doing this.
                1991 Camaro RS: "Tiny Turbo Mullet"

sigpic

Comment

That's a lot of dollar signs for a v6 to keep up with a cammed NA v8 LS car.

There are easier ways to have a quick Camaro. If you want to be unique then go for it, but it's going to cost the same to turbo a 3800 as it would a LS, if not more.

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
                  1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
                  1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

My buddy Brian has a story bottom end series 2 with a 520 lift 230s duration cam. Stock factory heads with a 67/66 on e85 in a 3600 lb blazer that ran a 10.30 at 120 etting out 200 feet early because of a popped head gasket. The motor has been together for 4 or 5 years now. Very very impressive set up for what he has into it and for what it is. Based off some calculators it makes around 800 at the crank

Other then that recent head gasket issue which was from his fault that motor has been super reliable.

It's air to air ; maf tuned and it also has a 75 dry shot on it to spool it just off the line.

Comment

Originally posted by hoogiesngrinderz View Post
                      That's a lot of dollar signs for a v6 to keep up with a cammed NA v8 LS car.

There are easier ways to have a quick Camaro. If you want to be unique then go for it, but it's going to cost the same to turbo a 3800 as it would a LS, if not more.
                      Yes that's true. I could actually sell all the parts I have in my bedroom for my 3800 N/A build and it would get me enough money to cover an engine/tranny/ecm/and harness. Problem is that nobody is biting and i want to start working on my car lol. I have seen some good deals on LS engines lately. I just don't have the cash laying around. I will probably just build the N/A like I had planned originally and have fun with the 250 or so HP and call it a day. Maybe when I am in my 50's I can get the car i actually want. My credit sucks and my ex is raping me on child support so this is it I guess!

Comment

Working...
                      X