X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS? Heads

I need some help. I have some heads from a friend, that he wants me to help him sell, an I have no idea what they are. Any input would help. Or offers I have never seen ls heads with injector holes built into the head. And the ports on the outer edge of the deck surface are oil returns. Plus there are ports into the chamber, about an eighth of an inch in diameter. I assume they are for monitoring chamber pressure?

Should be a casting number on the head

Comment

They look like something used for some crazy intake or a top mount supercharger application. Could have been just used for testing/research as well. They have what looks like LS3 style ports but I am not sure about the oil return ports on the bottom.

Did your buddy work for GM or something? They look like some sort of prototype head if you ask me but who knows.

Is there any casting # on them anywhere?
      99ws6 - Huron Speed Turbo - PT67

sigpic

Comment

they look like they need a special block. On the exhaust side there are parts that stick out that won't work with a normal block
        When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Thats what I mean I have not seen oil drains on heads like that on LS heads. Got to be some kind of prototype head.

sigpic

Comment

LS? Heads

None of these numbers come up when I try to look them up. And they are similar to ls3 ports but they are way higher than ls3 or l92 heads. I'm not sure where he got them. He does port work for some big companies so maybe they are a prototype deal. Might not be worth anything for all I know

Comment

LS? Heads

Plus the I've never seen rocker stands like that.

Comment

It says LS7 X I am assuming they are LS7 style heads but they are definatley odd. I searched both numbers on the heads and got nothing. PRC makes a LS7 X head but its nothing like that.

The oil drains on the bottom is casted into it and definatley will require an odd ball block that I have never personally seen before. They look pretty sweet but unless you have the matching block they will be pouring oil out the bottom lol.
                Last edited by r1cefed; February 24th, 2013, 06:38 PM.

sigpic

Comment

The "X" makes me wonder if they were "experimental" LS7 heads.
                  - Brian Meissen
                  Owner, MiFBody.com
                  Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                  2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                  Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                  June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                  The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Gen III

Comment

the XX part number designates experimental.

Comment

cool conversation piece but not something that may ever be functional.
                        Doing less with more

Comment

best place to sell them would be to find a LS7 or Z06 forum and see if any collectors would be interested. Unfortunately, they're just a collector's item at best.

Comment

LS? Heads

I'm not so sure they are that useless. The oil returns could be welded shut. That's no big deal. And same with the combustion chamber port. It looks like it uses ls7 rockers and intake, but what to do with injector holes. Nitrous bungs maybe?

Comment

Only problem is that brand new cnc ported LS7 heads are not that expensive anyway. After you put valves and springs on, do any welding and/or cutting you would have to resurface them too.

Comment

Working...
                              X