X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Huron Speed club.

Got my H.S kit in on tuesday and on today. The quality of the kit is outstanding. Awesome welds. Absolutley spot on perfect fitment. 100% stainless steel. Plenty of room to keep hot parts away from accessories and hoses. Minimal intrusion to the car. The couple parts that you do take off are relocated or are able to be bolted right back on. This kit is definatley worth the money. So worth the $$
    Attached Files
    99ws6 - Huron Speed Turbo - PT67

sigpic

You are making some quick progress! Glad you are happy with the kit!! Thanks for the update, keep on rolling with the install!
    sigpic

98' Trans Am - Huron Speed Turbo Car

Comment

Looks just like mine!

Comment

Awesome!!! What are the details? Which turbo? Stock Ls1? Stock heads? Stock cam? Planned boost? 93 or E85? etc, etc

Comment

6 speed Ls1 street car. Pump gas. Maybe methanol but for now I use vapor propane to raise octane/richen fuel. 12 psi with a really solid tune is what I am shooting for.

The whole kit is pretty much on. I am mounting the alternator, measuring/buying a new serpentine belt, and making a trip to OAKOS and the Parker store for oil lines and fittings so I wont be slowed down by shipping.

Only other thing I am waiting on is my fans. I went with 2 Flexalite 12" pusher fans. 2-1/2" thick. Like 79$ a piece. Dont remember exactly the CFM. Definatley suffcient though.

Other than that it is just being cleaned and buttoned up I may make a couple changes as far as fuel pressure regulator and lines but otherwise shes good.
          Last edited by r1cefed; June 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Looks good, betcha wish you woulda went with this in the first place eh? +1 To Huron Speed and Ocheck.

Comment

Cool. Let me know what length belt you end up with

Comment

Honestly the STS kit was not that bad. With a Tnetics or a BW in the back instead of the Garret they give you it would really work well. Spool time was not really a big deal. Made for a great DD car.

I just decied this kit looked to nice for the price to pass up. It is on in 2 days and very simple. You cannot go wrong running this kit.

sigpic

Comment

how well does the turbo drain being that low?

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADAIR View Post
                    how well does the turbo drain being that low?
                    No issues, sits high enough to slope down into the pan!
                    sigpic

98' Trans Am - Huron Speed Turbo Car

Comment

I have not ran the line yet but it does sit low. Still a slope though and that is all it needs in reality. I may still buy a Turbowerks scavenge pump for the summer just because I am absolutley dreading dropping the pan or getting shaving in trying to half ass it. Buying a pump may just be worth it. I can always sell it after summer when I was planning to change my K member anyway. I will tap the pan then and weld the fitting in just because I go WAY WAYoverkill on oil leaks. I hate that crap.
                      Last edited by r1cefed; June 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Drop the pan...it only took me 3 hours in total by myself to drop, drill, clean, and re-install. It will probably take longer to install and wire the scavenge pump.

You don't need to drop the k-member, just unbolt it and lower it a couple of inches and the pan slides out I unhooked the clips holding the brake lines to the k-member (2 per side), the steering shaft, and of course the engine mount bolts. Everything else including the shocks stayed.

Comment

Working...
                        X