X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 fuel pressure questions

I just installed a Racetronix fuel kit in my Camaro with a 1995 LT1.
    I have a gauge inline to my nitrous feed, right off the rail, and it reads a pretty constant 47-49psi at idle and about 42psi when priming the pump.
    Are these numbers a bit too high or are they okay?
    Also, when I unplug the regulator at idle it does not change, but there isn't a fuel leak from it either.
    I have the Racestronix harness and -6 braided line the whole way from the pump to the rail, not sure if that would change pressure at the rail or not.
    These numbers are assuming my new NX gauge is 100% accurate.
    sigpic

1996 Base Model
    +2 cylinder mod

My racetronix pump raised my rail pressure from 58 to around 65 on my 98. It isn't uncommon to see a bump in pressure.

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
    1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
    1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

I am not seeing any difference in pressure when unplugging the regulator, doesn't that mean it is not working?
      sigpic

1996 Base Model
      +2 cylinder mod

Comment

From the sounds of it thats fairly normal, i know i can pull the vac line from my regulator while the car is idling and it doesnt seem to affect anything. Also, once you get above 40 psi or so a few extra pounds isnt going to make much difference in the mixture youre getting.
        -Joel
        1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
        1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Are the fuel hoses fine? When a fuel hose failed on my Vette, it also lacked pressure (though I prefer sticking to the OE configuration fuel system). Anyways, in my case it was just simple repair, which included throwing away a worn-out hose and installing a brand-new one (https://www.carid.com/fuel-hoses/). Of course, it included some research job, ordering the right hose and then certain job in the garage, but with the replaced fuel line it still runs fine.
          Last edited by Vette777; December 27th, 2016, 03:26 AM. Reason: wanted to show you guys what kind of hoses I came up with

Comment

Working...
          X