X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass. Side Lights are out

Today I began my adventure into replacing the pass. side headlight motor. Took everything apart, and before re-assembly I wanted to test all the lighting. Both high/low beams don't work, fog light doesn't work either. Now this is strange because I know the high/low beams were working before I decided to take apart the headlight motor. There was some corrosion in the headlight motor wiring harness connector, two prongs broke off, but I was able to remove the broken prongs from the female endwith pliers, and cleaned it all up with some CRC electrical cleaner and it looked good as new. (guess that could be one possible problem but you think it would be happier now with the new connector and new prongs.) The other confusing part is my DRL/blinker bulb works, and the side marker works. All of my driver side stuff is working so this seems to be pasenger side isolated. Anyone have ideas of what to do here? No way I'm putting it all back together yet til I can get some lights running. Need to drive it to work monday too.

Pictures below

CAM00663.jpg
    CAM00662.jpg
    CAM00660.jpg
    2000 Firebird A4 black hardtop
    intake/exhaust, fuel/ignition, pcm retune, rims/tires
    ~Phil

Tried plugging my old harness back in this morning to see if my new part was a dud, but the headlights are still out on the old one too now.
    I guess this connector is likely bad..weird it looks normal to me. Assume I use a multimeter but what goes to where?
    Here's the old male end that ruined it, then below is the female end with the problem I think. I have no idea where I can get another female end.
    If someone has a parts car or something, they would have to unassemble everything and cut one off for me? Or does this whole wire have a part number too?

CAM00666.jpg
    CAM00667.jpg
    2000 Firebird A4 black hardtop
    intake/exhaust, fuel/ignition, pcm retune, rims/tires
    ~Phil

Comment

Working...
    X