Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today:EPA set to approve E15 fuel for 2001-2006 model year vehicles

http://www.leftlanenews.com/epa-set-...-vehicles.html

Ok so what you guys/gals think?

Do think it will pass? What kindof affect will it will it have on our motors and performance wise?

As for me, i don't think they will pass it... there are just too many cars out there that are before 2001. Granted 5% more ethanol isn't that much morem but still...

do all gas stations usr 10% as of now?.... i use Shell 93 almost exclusively in my vehicles, and no where on the pump it says 10% ethenal... so i'm wondering if they do or not..

2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS
    - M6, Livernois Stage 3 ported 243 heads, Livernois 230/236 114 LSA cam, FRPP 36# injectors, Ported TB, SLP MAF, Volant CAI, Kooks 1 3/4 headers & ORY, GMMG Cat-back. Koni SA 4/3's, BMR springs, Founders Performance, STB, LCA's and Panhard bar.

youll see fuel milage decrease. As it is on winter blend Im down 2-3 MPG averaging 9.2
    04 dodge ram HemiGtx 001/433
    93 Firebird Carbed v8 mini tubbed. (Per Kammi--- Race Car)
    08 yamaha R6 (fuel saver)

Comment

Originally posted by wasjo6431 View Post
      Im down 2-3 MPG averaging 9.2
      I'm down 5 in my cobalt. From 34 to 29.

if they approve this, prices should go down. they wont, but they should.
      1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

F***. If they approve this I'm probably going to have to get new injectors.

Used to own a Firebird.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnate326 View Post
          I'm down 5 in my cobalt. From 34 to 29.

if they approve this, prices should go down. they wont, but they should.
          That's not necessarily from fuel - it's winter, cars run richer, and the heater pulls some mpgs too (cause of the condenser being engaged).

E10 is it's own fuel, and there would be a label on the pumps. It's only mandated in a few states, Michigan not being one of them.

But yeah, I don't think they can really pass it, unless there is a non E-15 alternative for cars.
          Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

i know my self... running anything e10 definatly makes a difference in my ion, for the worse... mileage is already crap the way it is...

- M6, Livernois Stage 3 ported 243 heads, Livernois 230/236 114 LSA cam, FRPP 36# injectors, Ported TB, SLP MAF, Volant CAI, Kooks 1 3/4 headers & ORY, GMMG Cat-back. Koni SA 4/3's, BMR springs, Founders Performance, STB, LCA's and Panhard bar.

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
              That's not necessarily from fuel - it's winter, cars run richer, and the heater pulls some mpgs too (cause of the condenser being engaged).
              yes it is.. they add more ethanol in the fuel to keep water out. which is turn makes cars get worse fuel mileage. granted yes the cold air also helps suck more fuel in. the fuel itself does have a huge change in mpg's from winter to summer blend. mine drops 2-4 mpg in the winter compared to summer. as soon as it got cold and they put that winter fuel in the tanks.. i could tell almost immediately

Comment

Well yeah. I forgot an "all" in my original post.

I get between 3 and 6 mpg worse in the winter. But I guess warming the car up 10 minutes every day doesn't help.

Comment

theres no point in warming mine up my trip to work isnt even enought o get it heated the whole 8 miles. last fillup i got 192 miles out of 24 gallons of midgrade.
                  04 dodge ram HemiGtx 001/433
                  93 Firebird Carbed v8 mini tubbed. (Per Kammi--- Race Car)
                  08 yamaha R6 (fuel saver)

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
                    Well yeah. I forgot an "all" in my original post.

I get between 3 and 6 mpg worse in the winter. But I guess warming the car up 10 minutes every day doesn't help.
                    block heater ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnate326 View Post
                      block heater ftw.
                      electric bill FTL

Comment

Originally posted by kammi10 View Post
                        electric bill FTL
                        Naaa. I turn mine on a hour or two before I leave and my cars about 65.

Comment

EPA approves more ethanol in fuel for cars

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012103163.html

sounds like we still might have a choice at the pump though....

Comment

Sounds like a PITA....
                            1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

I better not have to get a retune...

Comment

Working...
                              X