X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-GM Handheld Scantool Help

Hoping some of you guys that operate shops or have non-GM's can help me out.

I need to buy a scantool, preferably handheld for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a 2009 Toyota Camry
    I've had the old Elmscan tools, and I've got HP tuners, but the interface won't work on anything other than GM.

I need to read ABS codes and Transmission codes; particularly on the '12 Jeep since the transfer case decided to throw a service light.
    I was considering the OTC 3111PRO, however it does NOT list the ability to read Trans codes on the Jeep.
    (The Actron CP9580A is the same scanner as the OTC, just re-badged and more expensive)

I did find an Innova 31603 Pro scanner that specifies 2012 coverage, but it's a bit foggy on which trans codes, and if those codes include transfer case codes.

Anyone use a scantool on 2010+ Jeeps for trans/transfer case codes, or can make a recommendation?
    One important feature I want is firmware upgrade-able. I want the ability to connect to PC and update so the tool doesn't go obsolete.
    I'd prefer handheld, since it's a PITA to haul my laptop out every time I want to scan a car.

Thanks
    Last edited by TrickyTransAm; July 20th, 2014, 05:28 PM.

Solus? Can pick them up used for significantly cheaper than new.

I have a "Brick" but mine is only update through 2004. Works for everything I do since all of our cars are 04 or older except for the cruze.
    1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

Isn't a '12 still under warranty?
      1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

where are you located

Comment

Working...
        X