X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INJECTOR HELP

So I've heard the Ford greentop 42# injectors work well with the LS1 and are cheap. I've seen them on eBay for $80 for 8. Are these worth getting or a waste of money? I just spent a lot on rebuilding my LS1 with a forged 383 bottom end and don't want to risk screwing anything up. Thanks!
    98 Trans Am WS.6
    Cam
    Heads
    Intake
    Full exhaust
    More mods to come

42# injectors flow...a lot of fuel. Remember: the bigger the injector, the less happy they are running at lower throttle points (thus less fuel), so it doesn't really pay to go way overkill on them. Unless you're running corn...then it makes sense.
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
      42# injectors flow...a lot of fuel. Remember: the bigger the injector, the less happy they are running at lower throttle points (thus less fuel), so it doesn't really pay to go way overkill on them. Unless you're running corn...then it makes sense.
      So you're saying 42# injectors are overkill for a 450+HP car?
      Besides that my real question was whether they are a reliable injector or not.
      98 Trans Am WS.6
      Cam
      Heads
      Intake
      Full exhaust
      More mods to come

Comment

They might be fine, you'd have to really see what others are running with similar setups. I just know that sometimes the bigger injectors can get real pissy when trying to idle.

The Ford injectors themselves are plenty fine, though.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

I ran 36# injectors on a small cam ls1 and had no problem. 42 should work but maybe ask your tuner for his input.
          When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

ford red tops were plenty for my 382

Comment

Ls3?s come with 42# injectors. Granted they are 30 cubic inches bigger but mine idles at 500 rpm so you should be good.
              When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

I just bought myself a set of 36lb white Bosch (GTP) Injectors, flow 42lbs at 58psi, these were used, snagged them for $80, they will support a decent amount of power (I believe they are good up to around 500 rwhp)

If you believe you'll be higher than that you should definitely snag a set of 42lb injectors.
                "Project Shadowfax" <- Clicky Clicky

1984 Pontiac Trans Am (15th Anniversary Edition)
                L69 (High Output 5.0) / 700r4 Auto Trans

Comment

I'm running 50lb injectors in a bolt-on car and it drives just like stock. Probably a better injector though (Fuel Injector Clinic 525cc)
                  1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X