X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 383 stroker?

ok so i know that i dont post that much anymore but i have been debating for the longest time now on what to do to my car. during the summer i either bent a pushrod or colapsed a lifter. i believe that it is one of those two because the car still runs fine but it has a misfire and has no power at all (and the fact that im not sure on how much i can believe the p.o the car has a cam in it and im guessing that they never changed the lifters in it and just put a cam and some springs because it has dual valve springs). anyways i have gone back and forth on what im going to do its went from turbo 5.3 to 6.0 swap to well maybe if the bottom end is still fine ill just run it like that to now how about a 383 stroker. just wondering if anyone on her has done a 383 and what is entailed on doing it.

list of current parts sitting in the garage....

livernois stage 2 243 heads(over sized intake and exhaust valves and cnc port job)
    texas torquer v3
    prc .650 lift springs
    comp cam pushrods to match

and of course mods on the car currently and that would go back on the car...
    texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes and y pipe(probably going to run duals)
    borla cat back
    centerforce clutch
    slp lid
    smooth bellow
    and an after market maf unsure of brand.

and some other suspension and stuff like that not necessary in motor ideas lol

and debating on fast 102 or some other intake (just have a stock ls1 right now).

always open to suggestions on what other people have done and have had good luck with this will be my summer car only and be driven on ocassion but if i want to daily it i would like to (not a garage queen =]..)

thanks, Cory
    98 ss camaro m6
    -cammed, headers, borla exhaust, mti lid
    366.66 rwhp - 351 rwtrq

04 lancer evolution
    -minor bolt ons, tune
    currently my dd

383 will need crank , rods, pistons.
    bent pushrod or lifter would make noise. lifters dont need to be changed when putting an cam in. STock maf is fine

Comment

it makes a noise its like a knock but you can tell that its top end thats why i think its one of the two and i know i would have to buy a whole new rotating assembly
      98 ss camaro m6
      366.66 rwhp - 351 rwtrq

04 lancer evolution
      -minor bolt ons, tune
      currently my dd

Comment

Why not just put lifters in it and call it a day?
        91 Firebird 305 TBI

Comment

Check the rockers

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond ive been busy but the reason i dont just throw lifters in there is i want to make it faster while i have the oppertunity and i will check the rockers when the motor gets pulled and i do an assesment on everything
            98 ss camaro m6
            366.66 rwhp - 351 rwtrq

04 lancer evolution
            -minor bolt ons, tune
            currently my dd

Comment

Working...
            X