X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 bird swapped engine, no bueno

I swapped the engine out of a buddy's 95 bird. The original engine blew up on the way home from buying it. He found one on craigs list to replace it. I worked 16 hours a day for 2 days to get it in and hooked up. he helped me when he wasnt working. The big day, Wednesday came and after a long battle we fired her up. It smoked a bit at first, rattled a little, then it smoothed out and Idled great. Until it reached operating temp. The warmer it got the lower the oil pressure went, till it reached 0. It still didnt rattle all that much, no knocking, but no friken oil presure.

So, as a fix I am thinking about pulling the crossmember and trans and pan and installing a crank and bearings, and a new oil pump. Any reason this wont work? it was a clean motor inside. It has great cold pressure 60 psi. but warm nada. lot of work but what the hell

Pulled the oil filter and cut it open. The oil from inside the filter was like a metallic paint, gray silver in color. fml! Now I gotta tear it down to figure out where the metal is coming from.

Comment

Does it have an oil cooler? Was it flushed?

Comment

Nah, no oil cooler. We had the pan off it before it went in, everything looked good. I just drained the oil its full of metal flake too. Effin craigs list! The flake is nonferrous, wont stick to a magnet so its bearing material. wtf would cause it to shred a bearing like that? Even if it was high milage it would just be loose and leak oil pressure. I cant think of any reason it would grind itself to death. I am baffled.

Comment

It could be that you were impatience and didn't wait on mine..... lol supposed to be ready on Saturday. ....

Comment

Thats fantastic news! Damn glad to hear it. Dont forget it wasnt up to me, he bought his motor. I can only offer suggestions, if he doesnt listen I cant help it.

Comment

Working...
            X