X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 395 stroker

Well some of you guys know that I'm looking for a donor car to do a swap. Well my question is what do you think about a 395 stroker? I'm looking at doing a all motor car with big cubes and want use the ls1 cause it will be cheep once I get my donor car.
    sigpic

why a 395? you can't even bore an LS1 block that far?
    Doing less with more

Comment

Huh? Pretty sure you cant get anything that big out of an ls1/ls6 block. Even then thats a ton of cash.
      1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

Using a standard 3.89 bore LS1 is the big fail there. If you could get the cubes up to 395 you still wont be able to use heads that flow enough to make big power.

The problem with 3.89 bore motors with cranks in them is the bore doesn't allow for valves that are large enough to support the extra power your looking for. There are tricks to help with shrouding of the valves but you still wont solve the problem. Thats why you see 346's make 500RWHP and 383's make 520RWHP.

If you want to build a big cube motor its better off to start with an LS2/LQ9 or LS3/L92

Comment

4in bore ftw!
          1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

Thanks for the info. reason why I ask about the 395 stroker kit was I've seen them for sale on tsp looked it up found a couple of guys with them. over all by what I could tell even if you could bore it out waste of money and should just do a stock bottom end build
            sigpic

Comment

I would go with a iron lq4 or lq9 for a budget build and throw a 4" crank in it with some good rods and pistons.
              Doing less with more

Comment

Working...
              X