Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finishing up my LS3 into my 97z

So I'm finishing up my swap and have a few questions

I'm running a 153 tooth flywheel and I'm using a power master 9505 starter, should this work OK?

And I did this swap the "hard way" per say, I swapped in an entire 1999 camaro engine and body harness, yes I removed the entire dash and did this.

Not getting any priming out of the fuel pump when I turn the key, haven't done much trouble shooting. But the fuel pump relay in the fuse box under the hood clicks, then a few seconds later clicks again as if it would when the pump kicks off after building pressure but no priming.

Any help is aprecited. Looking to hear this thing run tomorrow hopefully!

Also anyone got a cheap 1999+ cluster they want to sell or trade for a 1997 cluster with only 85,149 miles? Thanks!

Been there done that, only I didn't stop with the harnesses. It's really surprising how many parts of the unibody are different between 93-97 and 98-02, mostly in very minor ways.

I had an issue with the fuel pump not priming after doing the swap and it was all due to not connecting a ground by the drivers seat which I had originally assumed was just for the seat motor. Can't recall if the relays were doing anything at that time though.
    1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Really? Just a ground? I noticed my driver seat doesn't work anymore either since the swap, I may have to dive back into the interior and make sure I've got that ground connected, where was that ground located? I've done work to the engine harness too, the injector plugs have been ev6 converted, can sensor harness extended,

Last thing I need to do is finish off my rear steam tubes.

Comment

Near one of the outer driver seat studs IRRC, I think it attached to one of the small boxed support rails towards the front of the seat. I had gotten rid of the heavy stock seats and it fooled me into thinking it wasn't needed until I couldn't get the car to start.

Doing injectors here soon too, but the wire harness swap was probably the easiest and least invasive part of the whole thing.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with that, my second time pulling a dash out. And it wasnt hard at all, sucks my dashpad exploded into 30 pieces, but a quick junk yard run and $20 later I had another non cracked pad.

Comment

I believe i have a cluster floating around, and iirc is out of a 1999 camaro. I purchased it years ago when I did my dash swap on my 1994 and it didn't work. I would prob take $100 if interested. And i can also get pictures if interested.
              1999 z28 Bright Blue Metallic 1 of 10
              1999 z28 Hugger Orange RS 1 of >309 (Sold)
              1997 z28 White 6 speed Heads and Cam. (Sold)
              1994 z28 PPM auto Cam only (Sold)
              1984 sport coupe red 4 cyl (Sold)

Comment

That reminds me...I also tried to fire the car up without the gauge fuse in the car. If you don't have the cluster hooked up it may not fire either.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X