X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end just went

I pretty sure the rear end on my trans am just went. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Warren area that I can take it too?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by CMYZ28
    Phone: (586) 630-1098)Motown Muscle Contact:Scott@DLS (Scott)

Comment

DTS on M-97 and south of 696
      When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Yup, DTS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
        91 Firebird 305 TBI

Comment

If your wanting to go cheap I have a 10 bolt sitting here I'd sell, missing backing plates but you can swap yours right over.
          Doing less with more

Comment

Thanks, but now I'm having a dilemma. I don't know it's the transmission or the rear end? The car will go into drive, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but when I put it in reverse it makes this loud almost like squealing noise. It almost sounds like I'm killing a pig in my garage lol. When it's in drive it will only go 10mph before it makes that god awful sound, won't even move in reverse.

Comment

Sounds more transmission to me, but disconnect the driveshaft and spin the rear pinion yoke on the differential. If everything spins relatively okay I'd say chances are you most likely have a trans issue and it should be addressed first.
              91 Firebird 305 TBI

Comment

The only thing that is throwing me off is when this issue started, I was backing out of my driveway and I heard a thump from the rear end of my car, almost like I back over something. This was followed by a sound like I was dragging metal cans behind the car. Once I went over 10mph the car sounded like it was going to blow up. I'll try spinning the rear pinion. I just don't get it, the car only has 30,000 miles. I hope it's not the transmission.

Comment

Rear end just went

Anyone recommend a good transmission/driveline shop that does both in the Warren area?

Last edited by 02ws6; July 19th, 2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I had my trans done by Joels on Joy in Detroit. He's had a great rep with performance transmissions for a long time. Been beating on mine for 4 years now and no problems

Comment

Detroit gearbox

Comment

Rear end just went

Turned out to be a broken sun shell gear in the transmission

Took it to Detroit gear box, thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

ain't going to get your deposit back on those, LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X