X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Slip for 9" with 35 Spline axles

I currently have a locker in my Ford 9" and I am thinking about changing over to a limited slip (easier to drive on the street). I am having trouble finding someone who sells a limited slip for a 9" with 35 spline axles. Does anyone know if a 35 spline limited slip even exists for a Ford 9"?

I've checked the Moser website and the only options they show are a locker and a spool.

give Scott at driveline solutions a call.. (586) 630-1098 he'll be able to answer any questions you can have

Comment

That is a serious axle... what do you need that beefy of a part for? 1000+hp?

Seriously though, the best limited slip for a 9" in my opinion is the true trac but i dont think they have a 35 spline version..

anyhow, i'll check for you.

Comment

Eaton/Detroit Locker does not make anything for a 35 spline besides a locker.

the comment i recieved back is.. "this is a hard core application"

basically, i doubt you need 35 spline axles unless your running 1000+ hp and very sticky tires, if you want options for limited slips you must get the smaller axle shafts... and when i mean smaller, i am sure it could still take you deep into the 9's without a problem..

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
          That is a serious axle... what do you need that beefy of a part for? 1000+hp?
          Thanks for checking…you’re right about it being a serious axle. The reason I got the 35 spline axles is because it was the same price as 31 and 33 spline axles and I didn’t want to ever worry about breaking my rearend with slicks and a 6 speed (I just didn’t realize how serious it was until a few years later when I saw cars with 1500+ hp running 35 splines). My car is only about 400 rwhp but when I bought it from Moser 4 years ago I asked them if there were any downsides to going with 35 spline axles and they told me know “no” other than the slight increase in inertia. I think I just found the one downside, the fact that parts are hard to find.

I’ve put up with the “chirping” and “ratcheting” for almost 4 years now so I guess I will just keep living with it. I guess my other option is to build my motor to keep up with my rearend

Comment

Working...
          X