X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy dynomat?

anyone know where i can get a good price on this stuff? Seems like I am always needing some for various reasons, id like to buy a big roll of it. It can be off-brand im not fussy!
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

this stuff is just like dynomat but cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAAMm...Q5fAccessories

Comment

I tend to remember someone speaking up saying they can get a great deal on it before? From here!? I vaguely remember because it was around the time I wanted/needed some.

Comment

I believe Ryan can get it
        Doing less with more

Comment

I think I still may be able to find it. last I checked it was like $1.00 /sq foot. Not sure if thats changed or not though

Comment

I thought that was the deal derek had, i didnt expect it to still be around... but if it is... lemme know!
            -Joel

Comment

i will post about it if i can still get it. website that i get it from is REALLY laggy and i cant even look at anything on there right now

Comment

At that price, I could do my entire trunk for cheap!
                Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

The price difference is usually between one is butyl bases and the other asphalt based. The asphalt based stuff is cheaper.

I used second skin products on my chevelle.

Comment

Originally posted by bri2203 View Post
                    The price difference is usually between one is butyl bases and the other asphalt based. The asphalt based stuff is cheaper.

I used second skin products on my chevelle.
                    im guessing the cheaper stuff is heavier and has less sound deadening properties?
                    -Joel

Comment

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
                      im guessing the cheaper stuff is heavier and has less sound deadening properties?
                      Taken from another forum as I am not an exert on what company is useing which product

" raamat is butyl based, which does better deadening than asphalt.

i prefer secondskin over raamat anyday, but if i had to choose in order, i think i would go with:

SS > Dynamat Extreme > Raamat > anything else."

Comment

Do some reading first, also a good place to buy supplies from:
                        www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Also do yourself a favor and choose butyl over asphalt. I've had terrible luck with asphalt, particularly on surfaces where gravity fights you like the roof or vertical surfaces like the doors. I once found the sheet of asphalt-based deadener I applied to the inside of the door rolled up at the bottom of the door. It just can't take the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie2000 View Post
                          Do some reading first, also a good place to buy supplies from:
                          www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Also do yourself a favor and choose butyl over asphalt. I've had terrible luck with asphalt, particularly on surfaces where gravity fights you like the roof or vertical surfaces like the doors. I once found the sheet of asphalt-based deadener I applied to the inside of the door rolled up at the bottom of the door. It just can't take the heat.
                          Thanks for the tip, good ashesion is very important for where ill be putting it
                          -Joel

Comment

Working...
                          X