X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novak Jack, Bilsteins, and LED Pics for Jonny

Did the "Novak Jack" today, came out excellent IMO, almost wish I had the car out so I could use it, lol.

For those unfamiliar, it involves wiring in a Aux jack into the factory monsoon radio. Search for novak jack on tech if you want the walk through, but you basically splice into the the cd player audio feed into the stereo.

I really wanted this for my Sirius Satellite Radio, I have satellite radio in all my cars, but the camaro didnt come with it obviously, so I had to use a FM transmitter and deal with its piss poor quality. Now I can come out of the sat receiver and straight into my radio, crisp and clear. Also plan to use it with my zune and Pandora radio on my EVO.

Pictures.....
    IMAG0429.jpgIMAG0433.jpgIMAG0430.jpg
    These show the jack I got from the shack, wired it with CAT5, solders to the radio. Also shows where I chose to mount the jack, and where the line from my sirius radio plugs in. Can plug anything that uses a 3.5mm audio jack in, already tried it with hands free calling, and pandora on my phone, very cool!

Also I will note I finally got around to finishing my bilsteins, what a PITA, but atleast its done.

And these lame ass pictures are for jonny, we'll see if we can brighten this ole interior up a bit. Shows the view from the hatch, all the radio lights are burned out, and the vent selection knob is bearly visible. Also showing the headlight switch, cluster, looking at the back seat area, and the picture of nothing? Thats my window switches, both lights are burned out, lol. Also attempted to photograph my shift selector, but it too was burned out.

IMAG0443.jpgIMAG0442.jpgIMAG0446.jpgIMAG0445.jpgIMAG0438.jpgIMAG0439.jpg
    1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Beat me to it! I just put an aux input into the face of my trans am monsoon a few weeks ago. I haven't got pictures up in my project thread yet. I plan to do a how to on the next one that I make. Did you wire yours right into the CD player wiring as well?
    -Derek-
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air- Lots of Boltons..

Comment

Yes sir. I was going to put it in the faceplate below and to the left of the tuning knob in the bottom corner. But I plan to use it almost 90% of the time because of the sat radio, and i dont want to stare at a cord coming out of my radio all the time.

Comment

Looks great. I want to do the gauge faces in my car and some LED stuff, wonder how hard it is.

Used to own a Firebird.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbomb View Post
          Looks great. I want to do the gauge faces in my car
          2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

Jonny is hooking me up, going to start pulling lighted bits from the car tomorrow. I'm rather excited.

Comment

Spencer - how's that jack working for you? Thinking of tackling that project this winter on mine. I will keep the stock head unit, but would like the option to play pandora from my phone.
              2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

Nice. Will be doing this myself except with a bluetooth module. Did you tap into the cd circuit or the FM circuit?

Comment

Fred, works like a charm. I NEED to make time to do it to my daily, its stupid not too. I love having it. WELL worth having.

I tapped into CD for mine, I guess it doesnt really matter which you use. But the CD is easily available.

Comment

Originally posted by sman View Post
                    Fred, works like a charm. I NEED to make time to do it to my daily, its stupid not too. I love having it. WELL worth having.

I tapped into CD for mine, I guess it doesnt really matter which you use. But the CD is easily available.
                    [MENTION=860]sman[/MENTION]

think you could post more details about actually doing it, or a write up you found? I really want to do this in my car but I need some direction. I want to keep the stock HU but play my phone!

Comment

Darren, what vehicle? Is this for the vette?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by birdie2000 View Post
                        Darren, what vehicle? Is this for the vette?

Yes the 1997 C5 I just bought should be the same tho, I think. I need a AUX port, lol and I dont really want to swap HU. But I might if I have too.

Comment

Depending on the year, vehicle, etc. they do have some pretty significant internal differences despite looking the same on the outside. If you're willing to tap into the CD player though (meaning you'll need to have a CD in and spinning whenever using the aux in) then you can almost certainly make it work, it gets trickier when you're difficult like me and want it to work without the CD.

I'll try and dig up the YouTube videos I found in the past that gave a very good explanation of how to do it depending on what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie2000 View Post
                            Depending on the year, vehicle, etc. they do have some pretty significant internal differences despite looking the same on the outside. If you're willing to tap into the CD player though (meaning you'll need to have a CD in and spinning whenever using the aux in) then you can almost certainly make it work, it gets trickier when you're difficult like me and want it to work without the CD.

I'll try and dig up the YouTube videos I found in the past that gave a very good explanation of how to do it depending on what you have.

That would be awesome if you can find them on youtube. I have been searching. I want it to work like you and not have the CD in there. I found this... http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...p-for-3-a.html

Thats my radio and such, seems like he got it to work that way. Similar to how you know how to do it?

Comment

Yes I think it's similar if not the same, unfortunately don't have time to read the whole post carefully right now.

Here's the one I found, claims it works for most 95-97 vehicles. His other video for the 98-02 vehicles is not how I'd do it, seems to be mono even though it technically works.

Comment

Working...
                              X