X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a VFN hood

As the title states... Thinking if I can't get on oem pewter hood, ill probably end up getting the WS9 hood from VFN. Overall I've read pretty good reviews, but some say there can be some pretty rough fitment issues on occasion. Does anyone have experience with these hoods? My moms cousin just opened his own paint shop, so I'm hoping I can get a pretty good deal for paint and blending through him.
    sigpic
    99 Trans am

- SLP Air Take (LID)
    - Ported and Polished Throttle Body
    - LS6 Intake Manifold
    - 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers
    - 3" Y-Pipe
    - 3" Magnaflow Catback
    - Lower Control Arms

Soon
    - Heads/Cam
    - 3600 or 4000 Stall
    - 3.73 Gears

I looked into one for my old 4th gen but never pulled the trigger. From my research and inquiries it seems overall people were happy. Like with any fiberglass parts, the "fit" or lack thereof will always vary. It'll work, but if you want some 5 mil gaps, you'll need to do some work

Comment

I was one of the first buyers of their cowl hood for the LT birds and i absolutely love it. Fitment was awesome. we had it from the box onto the car in about 30 minutes, no modifications to the hood at all were needed. I would definitely buy from them again.

IMG_6008.JPG
      388767_10151300336996082_61564845_n.jpg
      524064_10151310101216082_503538617_n.jpg
      Last edited by formula218; April 11th, 2016, 07:16 AM.
      sigpic
      If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

Nice, glad to hear it. Going to see how the finances are at the end of the month after two vacations in the last 30 days and hopefully Ill have one this summer!
        sigpic
        99 Trans am

- SLP Air Take (LID)
        - LS6 Intake Manifold
        - 3" Y-Pipe
        - 3" Magnaflow Catback
        - Lower Control Arms

Soon
        - Heads/Cam
        - 3600 or 4000 Stall
        - 3.73 Gears

Comment

IMO its a 50-50 chance of it fitting good. We put a Sunoco hood on a friend of mines Camaro and could not get it to sit flat on the sides of the hood no matter how much we tried. It also wanted to poke up in the corners near the windshield. It wasn't terrible but it was "Great" either.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackJesus View Post
            IMO its a 50-50 chance of it fitting good. We put a Sunoco hood on a friend of mines Camaro and could not get it to sit flat on the sides of the hood no matter how much we tried. It also wanted to poke up in the corners near the windshield. It wasn't terrible but it was "Great" either.
            Mine did the same thing I don't if mine is vfn or not but some modifications to the bolt holes on the hinges got it sitting flat

Comment

I ran a WS9 Outlaw from VFN on my Trans Am. Overall quite happy. Fit was good.
              Only issue I ran into was one corner started to lift once being out in the sun (due to hood struts). Being this hood was extremely light, I only ran 1 hood strut, however on the side where I had the strut, the pressure from it caused the corner to lift. I would recommend running a pair of much lighter struts!

sigpic

98' Trans Am - Huron Speed Turbo Car

Comment

I second using their struts. I did that and didn't have any issues with lifting.
                Last edited by formula218; April 12th, 2016, 07:29 AM.
                sigpic
                If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

Good to know.. I saw that as an option on there, and they are pretty cheap. Wasn't going to do it since there is nothing wrong with mine, but don't have a problem buying them if it makes it easier, and a better fit.
                  sigpic
                  99 Trans am

- SLP Air Take (LID)
                  - LS6 Intake Manifold
                  - 3" Y-Pipe
                  - 3" Magnaflow Catback
                  - Lower Control Arms

Soon
                  - Heads/Cam
                  - 3600 or 4000 Stall