X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Dash Wrapping (Air Bag Section) Help

I posted up on Tech but I know you guys have some good ideas floating around.

My question is what did you do with the passenger air bag section? Since the dash has break away plastic when the air bag goes off, there is no way to wrap that piece as far as I can tell.

I am hoping I missed something and one of you guys can answer or point me in the right direction.

I am open for ideas of how to wrap that section of the dash because i'm all out of ideas.

Thanks guys

LS6 cam, LS6 valve springs, built tranny w/ 3k vigilante converter, 160 t-stat, SLP exhaust and headers, HAL suspension and go-fast juice

Are you intending to keep the air bag? I think your only option would be to see how to get that entire piece of the dash out and then figure out how to wrap it but still allow the other pieces to bolt in when it's back together.
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
    June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

At this point i'm open for idea's. I'd like to keep the air bag just for that ease of mind type thing. But if all else fails i'd have to remove it but that would be last resort.

This was a post on TECH "I haven't even looked at it, but could you cut the breakaway plastic spots to basically remove the air bag cover, wrap the dash and cover separately, then use some kind of adhesive dotted around the seam to hold the cover down again? Nothing too strong so it can still pop if necessary."

Which this was my first thought but when you look at the back side after I wrap with my material there isn't a place to glue too. I'd almost have to pull out my superior sewing skills and sew every few inches so it would still be functional and wouldn't pop up on its own.

LS6 cam, LS6 valve springs, built tranny w/ 3k vigilante converter, 160 t-stat, SLP exhaust and headers, HAL suspension and go-fast juice

Comment

Yeah if you're going to still have the air bag in there I'd be worried about wrapping it. Dunno - sounds like you're blazing the trail on this one.
        - Brian Meissen
        Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Oh great! Thats not what I wanted to here haha.

Comment

Get at it!

Or just call Caravaggio and ask for a few pointers as to what they do when they cover a factory break away panel...

caravaggiointeriorsteerld9.jpg
            user3926_pic26633_1247799307.jpg

sigpic
            No longer your average SS

Comment

Ya I figured it out.

And you can stop posting pictures that have alcantara. Its awesome stuff but wouldn't feel right having more money invested in the interior then the whole car is worth! If memory serves me right that stuff runs for around a 100 bucks a yard not including shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by DRYSUMP View Post
                Get at it!

Or just call Caravaggio and ask for a few pointers as to what they do when they cover a factory break away panel...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49736[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]49737[/ATTACH]
                Not typically my style in color combinations, but damn that does look nice.
                - Brian Meissen
                Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Working...
                X