X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving third gen gauges

In the fall I got very tired of the poor lighting of the factory gauges in my iroc. I ordered an overlay kit from eBay and started installing it yesterday. The kit comes with an on/off switch which sucks. I'm going to hardware it to the illumination circuit. I figure, I remove 11 incandescent bulbs and the circuit should be able to handle this little guy.

Interesting. Pictures, or it's never going to happen.

Originally posted by 81DaytonaPaceCar

Clamaped up tighter than a 15 year old on her first prom date...

Comment

becabe6286a7842bc09afac038d4acc1.jpg The new.

eb8063ddb963815b2c3d70169586d2dc.jpg The old. Sorry about the iPhone orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by squareandcompass View Post
        Interesting. Pictures, or it's never going to happen.
        I was working on it. Apparently you can't upload directly from an iPad. I had to host and upload the images.

Comment

If you use Tapatalk you can upload directly.

The new gauge face looks great! Is it an overlay (lays on top of the stock face) or a replacement face entirely (IE strip the old face off and put this one on)?
          - Brian Meissen
          Owner, MiFBody.com
          Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
          2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
          Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
          June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
          The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Wow, yeah, big improvement! I like it. Would love to see pics installed and illuminated once you've got them in.
            2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

It's an overlay but oddly enough it didn't have any adhesive. I had to improvise with a little double sided tape. I figure that's the best route in case I want to get back to stock. I had to notch the metal dish on the gauges for the illumination connections to lay in flush. I should have it back in the car tonight.

Comment

Nice looking. Can't wait to see it installed.

Comment

That looks nice!
                  sigpic
                  Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

Cool beans! Thanks Will be looking for your follow-up pictures.

Originally posted by 81DaytonaPaceCar

Clamaped up tighter than a 15 year old on her first prom date...

Comment

Looks good.

Just don't use brown LEDs to light it up
                      Originally posted by Yoshi94
                      Mines about an inch bigger than Kyles. I need to get one of those
                      Originally posted by ryanwarby01
                      Put it this way, if you have a money tree a LT1 is a wood chipper!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ran out of lp in the garage. I'll button it back up tomorrow after work. Appreciate the support.

Comment

I actually emailed the seller yesterday to see if they had those in red

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
                          1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
                          1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by hoogiesngrinderz View Post
                            I actually emailed the seller yesterday to see if they had those in red
                            Funny because I did the same thing. They wanted to direct me to their "research and development department" lol

Comment

i like that overlay!
                              91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
                              85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
                              00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
                              97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Working...
                              X