X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Corruna Independence Day Car Show

Having no plans made for the 4th of July, we flipped through the pages of Cruis'News, and found 5 shows that day. The closest to us was in Corruna. We'd never been there, but I have to say it was a nice town, beautiful park, and the show is part of a larger Independence Day celebration. Aside from the heat (!), we had a great time. While it's not an all GM or F-body show, we were well represented. We'll enter this show next year. Here's a small sample of what was on hand. There were FIVE Rivieras there. When was the last time you saw 5 Rivs at one show?

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

A few more...

While the car is beautiful, and the engine compartment is too, I was particularly struck by the all aluminum core support and radiator. So often with the core support painted body color, the aluminum rad really stands out....maybe too much. The all aluminum "face" on this engine compartment looked nice, I thought.

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

Comment

Still more...

When was the last time you saw two Packards next to each other at a local show?

DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

Comment

Getting close to the end...

DynoDave
        POCI # 72200

Comment

And the "final 4"....

Next year, July 4th is a Thursday. Would there be any other MIFB members interested in going?
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

Comment

That '76-77 Cutlass reminds me of one I saw, years back, for sale, out by my Grandma's house, prior to buying my first car. It was a green '77 and had the 260. For some reason, I was infatuated with it and really wanted to buy it. I think I have some pictures of it somewhere...It'd be fun to look at and see what I might have gotten myself into.

Anyway, looks like a great show, thanks for posting pics!
            Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

I was there as well! I had the '56 2 door wagon that was right in front of the red '62 Impala you have pics of.

The maroon '40 ford and the blue/white '56 are both friends of mine. it was a good show (always is) but it got too hot, even in the shade.
              Mark
              2002 C.E. WS6 RA TA- Yellow #190 of 2391
              1995 GMC Sierra Custom Pickup-White with pearl blue stealth flames
              1994 Formula V8-Red
              2000 Monte Carlo SS-Galaxy Silver
              2001 Astro- The wifes DD
              2004 Astro- My DD
              1992 Astro (291K) Gave to my brother-in-law... still going strong

Comment

Hey Mark!

I was wondering if there was anyone from our forum there. The wife, daughter and I enjoyed this show very much. My wife even said it was one we should try to enter next year.

How early did you all have to get there to be in under those trees? Have an e-z up for some shade, but the trees were much nicer, and covered the car too.
                DynoDave
                POCI # 72200

Comment

There was a group of us. I am a member of the Oldies But Goodies Car Club. We got there a little after 8. They start filling up the open "Park" first then shuffle the overflow into the trees. I would much rather be in the trees...
                  I will talk the wife into taking her '94 Formula next year. The A/C is out on it so it doesn't get driven much in the heat... That will get fixed this week.

1994 Formula V8-Red
                  2001 Astro- The wifes DD
                  2004 Astro- My DD

Comment

Oh yeah...that's a good looking Formula. You guys have some nice cars!
                    DynoDave
                    POCI # 72200

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
                      Oh yeah...that's a good looking Formula. You guys have some nice cars!
                      Thanks, yea, too many...
                      1994 Formula V8-Red
                      2001 Astro- The wifes DD
                      2004 Astro- My DD

Comment

Working...
                      X