X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Dream Cruise

For those that don't know, since the Corral is not happening this year, it is likely that most MIFbody people may revert to the "old" spot (some of us still parked there the past few years) which is at Kingswood Square - on the NW corner of Square Lake and Woodward.

It's pretty easy to get to, and get out of, and you can see cars actually move.

We usually park there Friday night of Cruise week as well, since everything further South is generally blocked off already.
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

I might make an appearance there early. I usually cruise a little bit before 9am, then find a spot closer to 13-14 Mile to park.

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
    Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
    THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
    Originally posted by JasonH
    It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

good place. easy in easy out and available food too
      MP81 likes this.
      When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Originally posted by farmington View Post
        good place. easy in easy out and available food too
        Yup - I think Jet's usually has a stand out in the parking lot, Subway is right there, and there is also a Dunkin Donuts there as well.

Comment

I usually try to get out the weekend before (so this Friday or Saturday), and Mon-Wed the week of. But I won't be available for the Mon-Wed routine this year. So Kingswood on Thursday and Friday it is!
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Monday-Thursday we'll either be parking at Ducati or across the street if Ducati is using their lot (they usually do). Friday & Saturday will be up at Square Lake.

Let's hope for good weather (any chance of rain means the Camaro stays in the garage, at home, lest I want it to rain inside the car, too)!

Comment

Heading out tonight...maybe around 7 or 8 pm. Thinking there might be more action up north due to Roadkill Nights. We'll see.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

I'm going to Woodward for the first time. I've found that the Staples parking lot on Woodward is a good place to park. I'm staying at a hotel that's only 6 miles away from there. How early do you need to be there to get a parking spot?
                2013 Stage II Nickey Camaro Convertible #10
                Special Edition
                Red Magnuson Super Charger w/a rear cog drive, ZL-1 fuel pump, Nickey cnc ported heads, Nickey spec. custom grind cam, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks LT's, No Weeds dual mode elec. diverters, Pedders eXtreme XA Coilovers, Pfadt ZL Spec sway bars, 20" AR Torq Thrusts wheels w/ polished billet Nickey centers, Nickey pistol grip shifter, upgraded 1400hp rear axles, 800hp @ the crank, 670RWHP w/613ft. lbs. of torque @11 lbs. boost! Check out album for pics!
                sigpic

Comment

Craig usually gets there pretty early to set up the tent and grab some spots.

If you want to get a spot up by the grass, probably the earlier the better. But the lot itself has tons of parking that you could utilize all day.

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
                    Craig usually gets there pretty early to set up the tent and grab some spots.

If you want to get a spot up by the grass, probably the earlier the better. But the lot itself has tons of parking that you could utilize all day.
                    Would 7am be to early or would I be ok if I got there by 10am and still have a spot by the grass by the road? Thanks again!
                    Special Edition
                    Red Magnuson Super Charger w/a rear cog drive, ZL-1 fuel pump, Nickey cnc ported heads, Nickey spec. custom grind cam, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks LT's, No Weeds dual mode elec. diverters, Pedders eXtreme XA Coilovers, Pfadt ZL Spec sway bars, 20" AR Torq Thrusts wheels w/ polished billet Nickey centers, Nickey pistol grip shifter, upgraded 1400hp rear axles, 800hp @ the crank, 670RWHP w/613ft. lbs. of torque @11 lbs. boost! Check out album for pics!
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd say 7AM would probably be a better bet. I don't usually get up there until around 5PM, so I end up parking elsewhere in the lot and moving up later in the night, if there is space.

9T8W66 would be the one to answer your questions, since he's the one who has always been awesome staking out spots for us, but I'm not sure he uses the forums anymore.
                      Bowtie-Bri likes this.

Comment

They have been roping that section off now, the business that is and using it for themselves. I think you either need to stake claim on friday sometime or try REALLY early saturday morning. But parking in the lot and walking to the grass area to sit is perfectly fine IMHO.

If you havent been out already you are missing a great time, was out last night and had a blast with perfect weather.
                        Bowtie-Bri likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          They have been roping that section off now, the business that is and using it for themselves. I think you either need to stake claim on friday sometime or try REALLY early saturday morning. But parking in the lot and walking to the grass area to sit is perfectly fine IMHO.

If you havent been out already you are missing a great time, was out last night and had a blast with perfect weather.
                          Thanks Darren! I live on the wrong side of the state, otherwise I'd be out there crusin right now! Lol I'm planning to stop in there this weekend! Look for a Black Nickey Camaro!
                          Special Edition
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't even go out to Woodward at all. And I can't say I miss it. :/
                            - Brian Meissen
                            Owner, MiFBody.com
                            Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                            2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                            Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                            June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                            The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Every night I was out, especially Friday and Saturday were some of the best I can remember. They didn't even shut down Woodward at Square Lake on Friday (they did down in Birmingham and Royal Oak).

You really missed a good year.

Comment

Working...
                              X