No announcement yet.

July's FBody of the Month @ Detroit Auto Examiner

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  •  

• July's FBody of the Month @ Detroit Auto Examiner

Congratulations to Cookie Monster for being featured as July's FBody of the Month on Detroit Auto Examiner's website! Since we did not have a RotM for the month of July, I hand picked Cookie Monster to hold the torch for Auto Examiner's FBody of the Month!

The steady stream of big automotive news combined with peoples’ travel schedule has caused me to get this month’s F-Body of the month out a little late, but this car is well worth the wait. I have featured several awesome General Motors F-Bodies over the course of this year but this month’s feature Firebird is like nothing I’ve offered before as Matt Avedian’s 2001 Firebird Trans Am WS6 “Cookie Monster” is one of the nastiest F-Bodies I’ve seen, courtesy of the folks at MIFBody.com.
    Matt is from Rochester Michigan but he is currently stationed at Camp Lejuene in North Carolina, serving in the Marine Corp. When he is back in Michigan, he still cruises Woodward Avenue and attends the Woodward Dream Cruise annually. None of that is unusual for a Metro Detroit native but Matt does all of this in his 1000+ rear wheel horsepower 2001 Firebird. The odds are good that some people are questioning the claims of a street driven 1000+ rwhp Firebird but after you read the information below provided by Matt, check out the gallery below for the pictures of his unreal 2001 Trans Am.
    I bought the car (2001 WS6 6 speed with 100K) after my 3rd deployment to Fallujah, Iraq, in July 2007. I purchased a Heads, Cam, Intake package, along with a Midwest Fabbed 9" rearend, and Strange suspension with a NX dual stage kit. I managed an 11.60 @ 121 on Motor and 10.34 @ 132 on a 200 shot. I soon deployed again to Iraq and Afghanistan for almost 2 more years. During that time, I got with Chris Crawford at National Speed Inc which is based in Wilmington, NC, to put together a mid to low 8 second street car. Chris Contacted Shawn at Virginia Speed to build a 370ci Long Block, which is being boosted by a GT 4788 with a custom-fabbed 1-off turbo kit with A2W. National Speed got the Transmission (TH400) built for 2000hp and a fuel system for 1500hp from Nasty Performance for street/strip use. Shawn at VS upgraded my Midwest 9" with a heavier spool and 40-spline Strange axles.
    The car has already made well over 1000rwhp SAE on a conservative tune by National Speed on their dyno and has gone 8.84 (missing the gt4788/lsx world record by .300, without CO2, conservative timing, boost, and ramps with a 3.00 gear on one of the first passes. We can expect to see at least an 8.40 out of the car with this setup. Future plans include a bigger turbo, and a 7.50 cage upgrade, and a lot of weight reduction.
    This is a truly remarkable car and I hope to get a look at this nasty ’01 Trans Am when the car is back in the Detroit area as this is one of those modern muscle cars that turns heads everywhere it goes – from the drag strip to Woodward Ave.
    Thanks as always to the folks at MIFBody.com for the help with the F-Body of the Month and congratulations to Matt Avedian for putting together one of the baddest street-driven Firebirds in the country. Check out the gallery below for a look at Matt’s 2001 WS6 and stay tuned to your Detroit Autos Examiner for all of your breaking news and local car reviews!
    Be sure and check the article and slideshow here:
    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-8...y-of-the-Month
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• MiFbody donates $350 to Ronald McDonald of West Michigan in memory of Doug Warren
      by meissen
      Just wanted to share with everyone that the $350 raised during the Meet and Greet has just been donated to the Ronald McDonald house in memory of Doug. We miss you buddy!
      June 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
    • ZL1 IVER at the 2011 Meet & Greet
      by meissen
      Major thanks to GM and the dedicated Camaro team for bringing not only the ZL1 but also the 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro to our show yesterday. I'm sure everyone who wasn't at the show has already seen the pictures, but it still deserves it's own thread. The camouflage is on to hide the body lines from all the photographers when it's being road tested at the Milford Proving Grounds. While I'm not 100% positive, I believe this might have been one of the first times that the ZL1 has been shown...
      June 5th, 2011, 09:10 PM
    • Meet & Greet gets nod in Camaro Performers Magazine!
      by meissen
      So there I am flipping through my recently delivered Camaro Performers magazine. I'm reading about Camaro5.com's show and other articles about events taking place. Just as I was thinking "Damn, I hope one day MiFbody gets mentioned in the article" -- yup, you guessed it!

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/att...chmentid=31409...
      September 24th, 2010, 05:51 PM
    • July's FBody of the Month @ Detroit Auto Examiner
      by meissen
      Congratulations to Cookie Monster for being featured as July's FBody of the Month on Detroit Auto Examiner's website! Since we did not have a RotM for the month of July, I hand picked Cookie Monster to hold the torch for Auto Examiner's FBody of the Month!

Be sure and check the article and slideshow here:
      http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-8...y-of-the-Month...
      August 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
    • 2010 Meet & Greet Winners
      by meissen
      Best 1st Generation:
      1st Place: Ken Ross's 1967 Chevrolet Camaro
      2nd Place: Chris Fodell's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
      3rd Place: Al Johnston's 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS

Best 2nd Generation:
      1st Place: Scott Orendach's 1971 Chevrolet Camaro
      2nd Place: Ray Cochran's 1973 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
      3rd Place: Grant Hamilton's 1971 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/RS

Best 3rd Generation: 1st Place: Todd Pawlak's 1987 Pontiac Trans Am 2nd Place: Jame...
      June 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
    • A paper about Mifbody
      by Fbomb
      The Michigan Fbody Association: Enriching Michigan through its Car Culture The Michigan Fbody Association is an organization of Firebirds and Camaros; the strongly dubbed mullet-mobiles affectionately known to General Motors as the F-car, thus F-body. Its members constantly remind others that the association is not a club. It is an association and it is free to join for anyone, and even those who do not own an F-body or a car at all. The online forum Mifbody.com caters to every F-body need imagi...
      April 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM
    Working...
    X