Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Ultima Tire and Trim Guard+

Originally posted 6.20.12

I had the opportunity to use a new product today. Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus - a sealant for your tires, plastic, chrome, and wheels. The claims are that it lasts months.

Let's dive in.

Value 4/5- At $32/ 12oz, it's not cheap. That being said, if it lasts the months it says it does and really seals up all those surfaces, it's worth it. A little goes a LONG way so 12oz should last you a good while.

Ease of Application- 5/5 This stuff goes on incredibly easily and smoothly with the included foam applicator. On porous surfaces like plastic moulding and tires, you just wipe on and let it go. On smooth plastics or wheels, you wipe on and buff off with a microfiber towel. The stuff also comes off super easily if you get it somewhere you don't want it. I cannot stress enough how LITTLE of this product you need. Take what you think you should use, and divide it by 4. Then use less than that It goes forever.

Look 5/5 - For me, this stuff was perfect. It enhances blacks and adds a touch of gloss, but nothing too shiny. You can add another layer after 20 minutes for a high gloss shine, but I didn't see any need.

Durability 5/5 - When I get a chance to apply this to my own car, I'll be able to update this section and let you know how long it lasts. I did pour some water on the tires and wipe it off with a towel to see if it would wipe off or degrade at all, and it didn't

Update: after over a month, I can see no degradation at all. Still looks like new. I'm very impressed. I'm about to go on a 1200 mile trip next week, so we'll see.

Overall- 5/5 Even if this stuff lasts half as long as they claim, it's my new favorite. It goes on so perfectly and just leaves my ideal finish. This will be replacing Super VRT for me, which I have staunchly defended for years.

Do yourself a favor and order some.

Some pics:

IMG_0481_640x480.JPG

IMG_0508_640x480.JPG

50/50 shots, Ultima on right, bare tire on left

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG
    sigpic

Facebook | Website
Working...
X