• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Turbo Formula interest?

Car is gone...traded for a 1937 GMC truck
    Thanks for looking!
    Dave

<<I'm really not sure if I want to sell this car or not but I do have an oppertunity to pick up a 32 ford truck that I've been wanting for years so I'm going to put this out there to see if anyone is interested....
    The car is a 96 Formula 6spd with BONE stock LT1 (never had the valve covers off). It has 69,000 miles and runs like new with cold Air Cond. Here are some details:
    1) Rear mounted 74mm turbo (located in the trunk well So it does not hang down like most rear mounts).
    2) 60lb injectors.
    3) 2 fuel pumps in the tank
    4) Crank Case evac system is the A.I.R. pump that comes on with a hobbs switch at 3lbs of boost.
    5) Running 2 bar map sensor with the stock computer and working perfectly. I have all the tuning software and data logging stuff...you need the laptop to run it. I can easily teach anyone how to tune this thing, 2 bar tune has been a life saver for these LT1 cars with boost.
    6) 4.10 gears in the rear end. (not the best for boost but I can still get about 3 lbs of boost in 1st gear).
    7) Large front mount intercooler that keeps the temps in check perfectly.
    8) Triple gage pod with Fuel Pres./Wideband/Boost gage.

The interior is near Mint, the exterior looks great but is not perfect...
    I have tuned the car for 5lbs on 93 octane and it runs great with plenty of power. I also worked on an E85 tune last fall before they went to the winter blend and went up to 10 lbs of boost, worked great except the clutch will not hold at 10lbs in 4th gear on back to back runs so I just turned it back down and loaded the gas tune back in before it went into storage. I have had no issues with the clutch since but I know it will slip if I turn the boost back up. If I keep the car I will put in a good clutch and turn up the boost and finish tuning for 12 lbs. I don't have any pics of the car after the turbo install but I do have some before. If anyone is REALLY interested I can take some and post or you can just come and check it out yourself. I'm located in Plainwell Mi.

I'd like to get $6700 for it, I know the economy and all is not great......

Thanks for looking!>>
    Last edited by Deke; July 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM.

wow seems like a hell of a deal , gl with sale wish i could afford it.

"LIVE AND DIE BY THE BOWTIE"

Comment

Sounds like an interesting set-up. Like to see some pics.
      sigpic
      Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

Pics please.
        Joe - ATM SQUAD
        At the shop, watching them build my car.

Comment

Let's see some pics of this car, looks like a good price for what you have into it!
          sigpic
          1994 Camaro Z28 83K M6, CAI, AFR 190cc, 11.6:1, Hooker headers, Hooker ORY, Mangnaflow exhaust, AI 230/238, 1.6 RR, B&M Short throw, Hays clutch, 4.10 gear.

Member: The Mid Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
          manuals should be launched off the limiter and the throttle shouldn't leave the floor til 10 feet after the finish line

Comment

Here are a few pics from today....kinda dirty because the cold wind and numb hands from fishing with my son today would not allow me to wash it.
            Attached Files

Comment

...And a few more...The cover for the Turbo is from a Big Rig Battery box that has been cut to fit and sealed so no exhaust enters the car. I built this car as a test to see what you can do with a stock power plant, a big turbo and the right tuning hardware and software. This little experiment has changed my whole train of thought when it comes to making power. When I think of all the money I used to spend on heads/cams/intakes etc.... to make less power that is harder to drive and gets 6 mpg no matter how hard you drive it I get kinda sad.
              If I don't sell the whole car I may sell just the body and keep the Engine/Trans/Turbo stuff for the old truck. I think this combo in a 32 ford truck street rod would be perfect because it still gets 25 mpg if you can keep it out of boost. My only problem is that it is REALLY hard to keep it out of boost once you feel it.
              Attached Files

Comment

sharp car!!!
                2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

if it was a camaro i would be interested
                  bump for a good deal
                  sigpic
                  Sold!
                  www.fquick.com/lozanoa11
                  94 Grand Cherokee (sold)
                  95 Accord(for sale)
                  99 Outback (snow destroyer)

Comment

very cool! Who did the work?
                    2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
                    SVT Beadlock Wheels
                    Roush Intake, Corsa Exhaust
                    20" and 40" Light Bars

2000 Camaro Z28
                    Stripped Down Drag Car Build

Project 1999 Camaro Z28

2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic-SHEGONE
                    Crate LS3, LS9 Cam, LSA Supercharger, Metco Solid Isolator
                    RotoFab Intake, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan
                    ZL1 HX, ZL1 Fuel Pump, CTS-V Lid, LSA Injectors
                    Pat G - 93 Octane Tune
                    Kooks 1-7/8" Longtubes, High Flow Cats, X Pipe, Solo AxleBacks
                    CTS-V Calipers, Brembo Pads
                    H&R Lowering Springs, Whiteline Bushings, FE3 Struts/Shocks, Camaro 20" Wheels
                    HIDs, LED Conversion, Atari Gauges, Tint, Roof Carbon Fiber Wrapped, Innovative Wideband

2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley and Injectors waiting to go on!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s.reef View Post
                      very cool! Who did the work?
                      I did it all.

Comment

If you wanted to trade for an LS1 car, I'd actually consider it. I really want to turbo mine eventually.

Comment

Sell me the turbo kit!!!!!! That is cool. Why did you want it mounted inside the car? Most just leave it outside.

1997 Trans Am

www.fquick.com/transampimp

Comment

probably one of the coolest turbo setup's i have ever seen, very impressive. good luck on the sale

1978 Chevy Malibu Classic:
                            350 Crate Swap, Turbo 350 Transmission, Flowtech Full length Headers, Flowmaster 40's Mufflers, Tru-Dual Exhaust, Goodmark 2in Cowl Hood, Northern Autoparts Racing Aluminum Radiator, Jasper Pearl Paint Job, Billet Specialities Vintec Wheels
                            1994 Chevy Camaro: Sold
                            Former Projectcamaro Member

Comment

probably one of the coolest turbo setup's i have ever seen, very impressive. good luck on the sale

1978 Chevy Malibu Classic:
                              350 Crate Swap, Turbo 350 Transmission, Flowtech Full length Headers, Flowmaster 40's Mufflers, Tru-Dual Exhaust, Goodmark 2in Cowl Hood, Northern Autoparts Racing Aluminum Radiator, Jasper Pearl Paint Job, Billet Specialities Vintec Wheels
                              1994 Chevy Camaro: Sold
                              Former Projectcamaro Member

Comment

Working...
                              X