Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very sad to hear...got to park next to John at one of the Waterford events, and got to run the track with him...just a good person...
    Originally posted by Redd8407
    I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
    Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
    WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
    Originally posted by Darren
    I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

Mourn his passing but also celebrate his life. John was truely a great guy. Have some amazing times and great stories with him on my first couple HRPT's. His grandson and my son became friends during those trips and Zack has stayed at my house several times. The GTZ is one of my favorite camaro's of all time.
      Rest in peace and godspeed John.
      '73 Z28 388 Stroker, M22 Rockcrusher 4 speed
      WMCC Photographer and owner of Redline Photography
      You are only young once but you can be immature your whole life!!!
      sigpic

Comment

-Joel
        1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
        1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Originally posted by zmanrc View Post
          His grandson and my son became friends during those trips and Zack has stayed at my house several times. The GTZ is one of my favorite camaro's of all time.
          Rest in peace and godspeed John.
          No kidding! What a small world - Zack was one of the grandkids that lived across the street from my parent's house. I had actually met John and Zack through one of the cruises when I was in SLP. We had just left the Telegraph Cruise and went to a member's house, Steve Roach, and John decided to take his t-tops off of his Hot Rod Camaro. It was the first time he had ever taken the t-tops off and him and Zack were standing there for a few minutes trying to figure it out until we came over and helped him. It was a few years later that I was outside working on my car and saw Zack come out of his aunt's house and I was like "Wait a minute - I know you!" It's been a few years now since he moved out, though.

Another good story about John -- we had all been at CJ Barrymores over on M-59/Hall Rd for their weekly cruise in. When we left, Jill (slp ss's wife) asked John to take her for a ride in his Hot Rod Camaro. We were all cruising over to Mt Clemens for their cruise in and John said sure. So we get onto Hall Road and John's just tearing it up. He mashed the gas 3 times, roasting the tires each time, when a cop comes up behind him and pulls him over. They roll down the windows and Jill instantly starts begging the cop to give her the ticket if he's going to give them one. Can't remember the exact words, but it was something like he replies "The first time I saw you do it, I thought 'wow that car has some power' the second time I thought 'ok, starting to push it....' but the third time you did it I had to pull you over." or something like that Ended up only giving them a warning and John had to drive nicely the rest of the way to Mt Clemens.
          Last edited by meissen; May 12th, 2011, 05:45 AM.
          - Brian Meissen
          Owner, MiFBody.com
          Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
          2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
          Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
          June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
          The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Sorry to hear this . May John rest in peace.

Comment

sorry to hear..
              99 Buick Regal GS- New DD

SOLD-1983 Firebird-305-2.5 inch custom bent exhaust w/ dynomax muffler-2004r-87 TA 3.08 posi-90 Camaro brakes-91-92 Hatch-87 TA bumpers and GFX-89 TA Tailights-87 TA front fenders-16 inch GTA wheels
              SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Originally posted by ThreeHonks
              I like having a loud car, every time the neighbors dog barks, I just go let my car sit and idle in the driveway

Comment

RIP John and my deepest condolences go out to the family.
                sigpic

Why the Hell do I have to press 1 for english?!

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Glister family during this diffcult time....
                  Sharin The Sweet Life!

Dove Chocolate Discoveries, Independent Chocolatier

www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com/ronnieselby

3rd Gen's Rule-

Comment

Working...
                  X