Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's one of the first things I thought of too, Doug's pet peeve about people not painting the lip of a '69 Camaro. I hope the funeral was a healing experience for everyone.

Chris
    Chris Ashworth
    Car Videographer
    Professional Musician

HD Videos of Great Cars!
    Like on Facebook
    My Guitar Playing!

Comment

• Originally posted by DtRockstar1 View Post
      That's one of the first things I thought of too, Doug's pet peeve about people not painting the lip of a '69 Camaro. I hope the funeral was a healing experience for everyone.

Chris
      If I learned nothing else in the short time I knew Doug, it was this.. Miss Ya buddy...
      sigpic
      U.S. Army 1983-2005
      11.20@122.37 1.51 60'

Originally posted by WMCCjames

"Plans Subject to change upon Sobering up"

Comment

• I only got to meet Doug a few times, but each time I walked away thinking what an remarkable person he was. RIP Doug

Comment

• Ok James, I finally found one of Doug's post where he shares what I was referring to earlier:

Originally posted by WMCC Doug
          I had an older Uncle that started taking me to Martin US131 Dragway nearly every Saturday night, beginning when I was 10 years old (1963). He had a '55 Chevy 2 door, which was THE car to have back in the 60's. Anyway, it didn't take too long for me to figure out the big rivalry was between the Chevys and the Fords. My dad worked for GM (drove Oldsmobiles) but I quickly became a Chevy Guy. I got my first car in 1970, it was a 1964 Chevy Impala coupe. Of course, I liked the other GM brands too, but prefered Chevrolet.

Moving ahead to when I was 21 years old, married and looking for another car. Ironically, I looked at several 1970 Trans Ams. Loved the white w/blue stripe (still do). I finally found one I really liked. It had a built 455 w/ headers and a shift kit in the auto trans. I took my wife for a ride and proceeded to scare the crap out of her (my bad). She says "no way" on that car, but over the weekend we drove through the local Chevy dealers used car lot and there was a red '74 Camaro with aluminum slot mags on the lot. It was a great looking car and I think we drove through there 10 times that weekend.

On Monday I called the dealer about it, but it was pretty expensive for a used car, even if it was still the current model year. I ended up ordering a Z28 (the red one was not a Z). It was my very first brand new car, and I still own it. (see avatar). By the spring of 1975 I got involved with a group of guys that were forming a Camaro Club. (They had just abandoned an effort to start a Camaro/Firebird Club, called the CamFir Group). Anyway, the rest, as they say, is history. I'll be involved with the WMCC for 35 years this April. It's been Camaros and Chevrolets for me ever since. I wonder how different my life might have turned out if I had purchased that Trans Am?

I know a few people might've crinched today when I pulled in with the TA, and parked in line with the Camaros, but I know Doug would've welcomed it with open arms (although he'd then give me alittle ribbing by asking "when are you going to get a Camaro?" )..........It's the above story that he shared with me many times, and his love for the white & blue TA paint schemes (he'd often tell me how much he liked my 25th's white w/blue stripe down the center color scheme.) that caused me to feel the best way I could honor him today was by showing up in the next best thing to a Camaro.....A white & blue TA.
          Last edited by 92conv; December 27th, 2010, 11:51 PM.
          West Michigan Pontiac Club

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**, a Trans Am is coming over to do it"

Comment

• Really wish I could've attended the funeral, but I just don't have the money to fill my car up.

Rest In Peace, Doug.
            Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Originally posted by 92conv View Post
              Ok James, I finally found one of Doug's post where he shares what I was referring to earlier:

I know a few people might've crinched today when I pulled in with the TA, and parked in line with the Camaros, but I know Doug would've welcomed it with open arms (although he'd then give me alittle ribbing by asking "when are you going to get a Camaro?" )..........It's the above story that he shared with me many times, and his love for the white & blue TA paint schemes (he'd often tell me how much he liked my 25th's white w/blue stripe down the center color scheme.) that caused me to feel the best way I could honor him today was by showing up in the next best thing to a Camaro.....A white & blue TA.
              Yes, a few did till they were reminded about Dougs' affection for it.
              RIP Doug
              Eastern Michigan Camaro Club - President
              Website www.emcamaro.org

Continental Bike Shop
              24436 John R

Hazel Park, Mi
              www.continentalbikeshop.com

Comment

Ok James, I finally found one of Doug's post where he shares what I was referring to earlier:

When I saw your car sitting there I knew Doug would approve
                Thanks for posting that story about when he ALMOST bought a TA.
                sigpic
                Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

• Thanks for sharing the post, Scott! I laughed a bit when I was hearing everyone go "Whose TA is that? Whose TA is that? Oh he must be from Michigan FBody"
                  - Brian Meissen
                  Owner, MiFBody.com
                  Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                  2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                  Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                  June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                  The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

• LOL, yeah kinda expected there'd be some puzzled looks...............I so wanted to get up and share this story and the connection he and I made with it, but I just couldn't. As it was, every time I heard Angie gasp next to me I almost ended up losing it. Didn't figure she'd appreciate me sobbing like a big baby on her shoulder.

Comment

• I Knew whose TA that was
                      Sharin The Sweet Life!

Dove Chocolate Discoveries, Independent Chocolatier

www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com/ronnieselby

3rd Gen's Rule-

Comment

LOL, yeah kinda expected there'd be some puzzled looks...............I so wanted to get up and share this story and the connection he and I made with it, but I just couldn't. As it was, every time I heard Angie gasp next to me I almost ended up losing it. Didn't figure she'd appreciate me sobbing like a big baby on her shoulder.
                        I'm sure if you started then everyone around would have too - I know I was on the brink quite a few times.
                        - Brian Meissen
                        Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

• ........I'll tell you what I don't know what it was about the music at the beginnning of the service, but we no more than sat down, and I was seriously close to losing it right then. I had to keep telling myself "Pull it together Scotty you can't start bawling before all the women in here."

Comment

• Angie said she almost lost it out in the parking lot when she heard all the Camaros start taking off that is when it hit her.
                            - Brian Meissen
                            Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

• Just found this on TGO and thought I would pass it on. Looks like Scott Moyer a Moderator over there wanted to pass along condolences to the family. Thought it would be nice to show others where thinking of them at this hard time as well.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/mi...an-camaro.html

Comment

Working...
                              X