X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Camaro LFX 1LS - Clifford

I'm not digging the Red Alert 2.0 name quite yet, not sure if I should stick with that or go with something different... Also thought about Red Alert 5G?

Bone Stock:
    photo 15.JPG
    photo 2.JPG

Anyway -- I completed my first modification tonight and here's two pictures. They absolutely suck and my car is filthy from the rain today, so tomorrow I'll try and get better pictures:
    photo 1.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - "Zooma"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2020
    June 6th, 2020 - 8am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

You'll live and die by carbon fiber, won't you? lol. Doesn't look bad at all, are you going to do the rear badge too?

Comment

Red Alert Jr? even though Jr weighs 400 lbs more

Comment

I wouldn't use either Red or alert for the new camaros name. Different car,new identity, think of something else haha

Comment

Originally posted by bri2203 View Post
          Red Alert Jr? even though Jr weighs 400 lbs more
          much like Larry and Brian now

13th!!! Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2017
          June 10th, 2017 - 9am to 3pm!!!
          Bakers of Milford, Milford, MI

Classics only cost alot if you add up what you spend!

sigpic

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
          - Dale Earnhardt -

Comment

Haha I had to have some carbon fiber in there -- probably won't have any more although I can think of one more area that I might think about doing CF but we'll see. The first pic of the emblem is the rear, and then obviously the second pic is the front grille.
            - Brian Meissen
            Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
              Haha I had to have some carbon fiber in there -- probably won't have any more although I can think of one more area that I might think about doing CF but we'll see. The first pic of the emblem is the rear, and then obviously the second pic is the front grille.
              Ah now that I look again and not on my phone I see better now. Shame on you for not taking a step or two back for the picture!

Comment

Just how much was that?
                1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  Ah now that I look again and not on my phone I see better now. Shame on you for not taking a step or two back for the picture!
                  It was too dark - the front grille picture took 5-6 tries cause it was dark enough that the iPhone couldn't focus I'll have better pictures tomorrow.

Originally posted by nascarnate326 View Post
                  Just how much was that?
                  The decals? Less than $20 - they're carbon fiber vinyl, not real carbon fiber. This 3d vinyl is decent quality. It's definitely not real, but it still captures the effect quite nicely.
                  - Brian Meissen
                  Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

looks good, what other plans are coming?
                    91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
                    85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
                    00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
                    97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi94 View Post
                      I wouldn't use either Red or alert for the new camaros name. Different car,new identity, think of something else haha
                      true, plus red alert is a chevelle.

Comment

I've got decals for the gills already but I'm a little hesitant to do that because of the cold weather -- depending on how mild it stays, I might put them on tomorrow since it's supposed to be 50 tomorrow. It sounds like my dad is buying stripes for the car - he's asked me if I wanted gloss black or matte black a few times now I also have some PLCC-2 LEDs on their way to change the color of the speedometer and tachometer to white letters with a red ring -- eventually I'll change out the LEDs in the radio and all the switches -- thankfully because it's buying loose LEDs and soldering them to circuit boards manually, it's a pretty cheap job. I also want to do the ambient lighting mod across the dash and doors, again a relatively cheap mod. I'd like to do a cold air intake, but the only one which will work with the 2012 model year is $300+ which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I'd like to get a short throw shifter, but that's $250+. I'd like to do halos in the front headlights, again that's 200+, there's a mod that gives the taillights an "afterburner" effect but that's 200+... The mods will slowly but surely come together but I'm not digging the steep prices for everything.
                        - Brian Meissen
                        Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Decals look great. Thats one almost necessary mod for the 5th gen with those ugly gold bowties.

Originally posted by meissen View Post
                          I'm not digging the steep prices for everything.
                          exactly why i wouldnt mod too heavy... The car is ready to be enjoyed as it is!
                          -Joel
                          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
                          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post

exactly why i wouldnt mod too heavy... The car is ready to be enjoyed as it is!
                            Agreed but exterior lighting is worth it. I would classify it as a "safety" thing to get it past the wife..
                            1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Angie's on board surprisingly. The first night after we bought the car I was looking at lighting mods and she was on ebay on her laptop looking at stripe packages She says as long as the bills are paid she doesn't mind the mods (within reason, of course ).

And yeah -- the gold bowties HAD to go.
                              - Brian Meissen
                              Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X