X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
    For a non-drag racer, what does that mean? If you upped the boost and rpm and saw no additional speed through the traps, does that mean you are maxed out on flow somewhere else (intake/heads/cam/exhaust)?
    I'm not super smart, so I could be totally wrong but I was afraid that it was the clutch starting to slip at high RPMs. The clutch was rated for 700tq and I made 485hp on 7psi (160hp over it's NA numbers) with no timing, and was running 18psi at the track with some timing sprinkled back in, so it should have been making some steam. The next level up for clutches is $1200, and this Powerglide was $1500. I'm poor, so I'm trying to go fast as cheaply as possible, and a $1200 wear part isn't budget friendly lol.
    DynoDave likes this.
    sigpic
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

• Makes sense. Looking froward to seeing the results of the switch. Guess we are all going to have to wait until spring?
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Guess we are all going to have to wait until spring?
        Ugh, don't remind me...
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Makes sense. Looking froward to seeing the results of the switch. Guess we are all going to have to wait until spring?
          Hopefully not, my new drive shaft should be done today and 131 is open next weekend. Worst case Dragy highway pulls lol
          DynoDave likes this.
          sigpic
          If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

• Sounds like a plan!
            DynoDave
            POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
            X