• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice!
    DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• The build took a little turn this winter/spring. No more nitrous any more, put on a VS Racing billet wheel 78/75. Running it on E85 with meth for cooling for now until i put a A/W intercooler on it eventually. Going to put a 8.50 cage in it before I do the IC as it doesn't have any cage currently. Running on Holley Terminator X now too. New clutch going in this weekend then a tune and hopefully some 9s this year lol

t6.jpg
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

• That's quite a pivot...and quite a snail.
        formula218 likes this.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• We needed to do the clutch, and my buddy said if we're pulling the exhaust we might as well make it so it doesn't hang so low, and turns out turbo manifolds tuck up pretty high lol
          sigpic

Comment

• They sure do!

Comment

• That is a nice, low, compact mount. Without the extra intercooler plumbing, it's a very neat install.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

Comment

• Got it on the dyno and ran out of fuel pressure the first pull :doh: It made 485whp the very first pull with no timing and he stopped until we fixed it. Have a Magnafuel rising rate regulator to put on this weekend and try to get enough pressure from the stock fuel lines on pump E to make 600-700whp. This winter I'll hopefully get a fancy hanger so I can put a second 525 pump in it and do -10 feed and -8 return the whole length of the car.
                sigpic

Comment

• That's a great start in my book. Good thing the fuel pressure was being monitored....that could have gone very wrong very fast.
                  DynoDave
                  POCI # 72200

Comment

• After chasing this fuel pressure issue for a couple months we figured out this weekend that the pressure sensor was just going bad. Got that swapped out and pressure was fine lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

• OMG....I'm glad you found it, but how frustrating!
                      DynoDave
                      POCI # 72200

Comment

• 240602032_10227018076020120_561163965658351538_n.jpg

Time for a 4L60 swap!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nice. I take it by the SFI sticker on the bell that this is not a stock unit?
                          DynoDave
                          POCI # 72200

Comment

• Definitely looks beefy along the lines of the gnarly Quick Time we put in my brother's Mustang.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
                              Nice. I take it by the SFI sticker on the bell that this is not a stock unit?
                              No it's not stock, it's got a straight cut 1.80 gear set in it, and a trans brake. Guy I bought it from said it should be good for 1500hp so hopefully it'll be happy for a while. We did some 1/8 mile runs and it seemed like my monster stage 3 that we put in in May was not going to like any more power than we already have. Going from 15 to 18psi and raising the rev limiter it would not pick up any MPH out the back. I did run 7.6 @ 97 4 or 5 times in a row so it's was consistent but should have gained something I would think.

An offer came up for my T56 that was close to what this glide cost, so I pulled the trigger. Waiting for a new driveshaft and crossmember to get here and it should be good to go.
                              sigpic

Comment

• For a non-drag racer, what does that mean? If you upped the boost and rpm and saw no additional speed through the traps, does that mean you are maxed out on flow somewhere else (intake/heads/cam/exhaust)?
                                DynoDave
                                POCI # 72200

Comment

Working...
                                X