Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad to see your tearing into stuff. Mine is still on the road for the next week or so. Having trouble finding a decent cover, Classic Industries and Summit has them on back order. I wish I had a garage to work on mine in. It will be on blocks in a horse barn until I can gather some parts. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your car!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnc16 View Post
      I have a powermaster mini starter from my sbc if you're interested. Not sure if you can use it or not. Its this one: http://www.jegs.com/i/Powermaster/71...rentProductId=
      I'll probably go with a OEM replacement, unless you are willing to make a killer deal on it.

Originally posted by deeznuts94 View Post
      I'm glad to see your tearing into stuff. Mine is still on the road for the next week or so. Having trouble finding a decent cover, Classic Industries and Summit has them on back order. I wish I had a garage to work on mine in. It will be on blocks in a horse barn until I can gather some parts. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your car!
      thanks, and I am thinking about tearing into a little more stuff this winter too now... I just bought a cheap car cover, I wasnt really concerned since it was going to be in the garage all winter.

Comment

• Ok so I have been talking to Jon again and we had a good conversation about ditching the TBI on my car again. Would taking it to carb be a step forward or backward?

I need to pull my intake off to fix a oil leak, so I am really thinking about switching the car over to carb again. For a few reasons, TBI is really restrictive, the computer (it sucks) and just for the simplistic use of a carb, I can get rid of a lot and clean things up.

Pro's and Con's, ready set go!

Comment

• Carb if you want power for sure. But if its a cruiser i see no reason to ditch the ultra reliable tbi
          -Joel
          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
            Carb if you want power for sure. But if its a cruiser i see no reason to ditch the ultra reliable tbi
            I was thinking carb for more added fun and the simplistic of it over a tune for these POS chips. I was thinking about changing my cam and having a little fun but nothing major. But now after another talk with jon I think my car is coming back apart and the project will be deeper.... I gotta stop talking to Jon.

Comment

• I would carb it in a second. TBI is junk IMO.

Comment

• There is only one answer, if carbration was so good, why did they replace it with fuel injection? Certainly wasn't for cost.
                sigpic
                1998 Trans Am Convertible A4 - WS6 hood, WS6 air lid, WS6 rims, drilled/slotted rotors.

Comment

• carb is cheaper power
                  91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
                  85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
                  00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
                  97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

• I am anti-carb but if you are looking for more power I'd go that route over TBI. TBI's were ultra reliable dogs...nobody ever set the world on fire with them though.
                    sigpic
                    Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

• carb it IMO. tbi just is a joke for power.

its very easy to go carb and it will get rid of some wires under the hood. i loved getting rid of my tpi it cleaned up the bay a lot.

its obviously not a dd so id go carb just dont buy a edelbrock they are POSs IMO. dont want an argument over my comment its just my opinion of them. ive only ran barry grant or pro systems and had nothing but great luck with them.

Comment

• well...

Comment

• looks horrible!! lol jk time to start seperating the harness to do a carb swap it will make the engine bay look 100xs better!!!

cant wait to see what else is instore for the following actions that are gunna be taken.

Comment

• its officially a roller now

Comment

• Originally posted by bri2203 View Post
                              its officially a roller now
                              Cept it doesn't roll, lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yunkyard 5.3 with a carb?
                                sigpic
                                Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment