X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Problems

i have an 96 camaro ss and recently my security light has been turning on lately and i think because of this my car is having problems starting. just a few days ago i went to start my car and the security light is now blinking and the car wont start at all, my battery is good and i just had my starter replaced a few months ago so i know thats not the problem. my key fob doesnt work anymore so i dont have a "remote" to unlock the car. could the security system stop my car from starting? and if so is there a way to deactivate the system all together?
    sigpic
    96 Camaro SS- Centerforce Stage 3 Clutch, Hurst Competition Shifter, 3.42 Posi Rear Gear, Hypertech Reprogramming Chip, 315 Nitto Drag Radials

Saving For- Full Exaust with Long Tubes, 3.73 Gears, New Polished Zr1 Rims

I make sigs, if you want one let me know...

Your very fortunate in that myself and Vinnie have both had these problems recently. If you look up my thread, you will see what I did.

Bought a bypass module from ebay for $30 and grounded out a relay. PM me your email address and I will send you the how to that I made.
    Vinnie is trying to use HPTuners to bypass his with out the bypass module from ebay.

Good luck and ask questions, we have answers.
    Last edited by nascarnate326; May 31st, 2010, 12:38 PM.
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Done this before aswell and this is the cheapest easiest way to defeat the Vehicle Anti Theft System (VATS)

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61262
      Craig
      Semi Retired Street Racer
      2012 Lava Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT82
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTEN
      sigpic

NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp

1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"For you who believe all you read, I caution you - you are daily being brainwashed for profit by extremely effective psychology with very little regard to factual accuracy. In short, you're at the mercy of the world's greatest bullshit artists with the morals of a stray tomcat."
      - Smokey Yunick

Comment

Working...
      X