X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 3800 throttle body spacer

i have been looking for a throttle body spacer for my 1996 camaro v6, i cannot find one, theyre either for 99 or newer or some fwd one
    will either of those work or does someone know where to get one for a 1996
    thanks in advance
    sigpic

1996 Base Model
    +2 cylinder mod

Originally posted by jderry View Post
    i have been looking for a throttle body spacer for my 1996 camaro v6, i cannot find one, theyre either for 99 or newer or some fwd one
    will either of those work or does someone know where to get one for a 1996
    thanks in advance
    dont waste the cash. Just somebodys bright idea, but they dont do anything lol
    -Derek-
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air- Lots of Boltons..

Comment

I wouldn't imagine they would do anything either, especially if your running some sort of CAI. You really don't have to spend a big amount for that either. I just grabbed a cone filter, then grabbed some piping at Auto zone and stucl the cone in the hole left by the original air filter setup. You will feel a difference with that.
      sigpic

Why the Hell do I have to press 1 for english?!

Comment

zzp can make one if you contact them but the gains are not worth the price.
        ------------------------------------------
        2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
        2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
        http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          zzp can make one if you contact them but the gains are not worth the price.

Exactly why I kept it low. Not bad for under, say $70. I ended up putting a walker out back with bigger exit pipes, so that may have skewed the actual results, but she sure did get.....hmmmm, snappy, I guess would be the word.
          sigpic

Why the Hell do I have to press 1 for english?!

Comment

Okay, thx, anyother boltons for the 3800 i should get? im getting headers 160 thermostat and full MSD ignition for christmas
            im just trying to make it a little better with no power adders and not to put a small fortune into my highschool daily driver
            sigpic

1996 Base Model
            +2 cylinder mod

Comment

Okay, thx, anyother boltons for the 3800 i should get? im getting headers 160 thermostat and full MSD ignition for christmas
              im just trying to make it a little better with no power adders and not to put a small fortune into my highschool daily driver
              you really wont feel much if any of a difference with those mods on a v6. MSD ignition? dunno about why you would upgrade that.. I would just make a cold air intake with a new filter, thermostat isnt that bad I suppose for the 5 bucks they cost. If you want to feel any difference at all I would put 3.73 gears in with posi in the rear end (forget the headers you car isnt forcing enough air in to really warrant them on a v6, put the money towards gears and posi). Unless you add a significant power adder gears are about all that will make a difference in feel. Also put a catback exhaust on the car if you havent already, wont feel too much gains but it will at least make the car sound better.
              -Derek-

Comment

its got a torsen posi and 3:42 in it now, ive got a hooker cat back and no cat =)
                honestly the headers are kinda for looks =)
                everyones saying get a z28 but insurence is alot more for a 16yr old with a z compared to my v6
                sigpic

1996 Base Model
                +2 cylinder mod

Comment

its got a torsen posi and 3:42 in it now, ive got a hooker cat back and no cat =)
                  honestly the headers are kinda for looks =)
                  everyones saying get a z28 but insurence is alot more for a 16yr old with a z compared to my v6
                  no its not, i bought a 1999 ls1 car this fall after selling my 1999 v6 and insurance went up like 50 bucks over 6 months..If you are set on the v6 (I used to be at one time) I still wouldnt get headers you can barely see them anyway lol nitrous is cheap though? you could probably get a nitrous kit for the price of headers and runa small shot on an otherwise stock motor and be just fine.
                  -Derek-

Comment

since you have the gears/lsd already, next I would suggest CAI and I would say get the headers, they do help for some power on a 96. Then your intake and exhaust are all set.

Ever think of a small shot of nitrous for some extra power?

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums

Comment

Hey I understand trying to beef up the V6 because i had a 93 v6 camaro but seriously man trust me on this one. Pick up a cheap Z28 and the money you will save from the bolt ons and all that will pretty much cover the extra little for insurance. I wasted so much money trying to do all that and then ended up buying a z28 and i was SO much happier. And i guess if this is an option put the car in your parents name if you have that option and that will also save ALOT! OR go with 4:10's...then you'll really notice that!

Comment

Im 16 and i dont work lol
                        i have no way to buy a z28 and i cant sell my car i wont have anything to drive in the meantime

if i were to go for a v8 itd be a t/a lol
                        ive got a CAI lol
                        nothing expencive just a ebay one
                        sigpic

1996 Base Model
                        +2 cylinder mod

Comment

Im 16 and i dont work lol
                          i have no way to buy a z28 and i cant sell my car i wont have anything to drive in the meantime

if i were to go for a v8 itd be a t/a lol
                          ive got a CAI lol
                          nothing expencive just a ebay one
                          that leaves nitrous open, its cheap.... just as cheap as headers for a nice used kit and 50 times the power gains with only 50 shot..
                          -Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by redfbird99 View Post
                            that leaves nitrous open, its cheap.... just as cheap as headers for a nice used kit and 50 times the power gains with only 50 shot..
                            that doesn't make sense as headers will give you more than 1 horsepower...

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums

Comment

i was thinking the same, and headers give it a better sound also its a constant effect even if its not as much i dont ever have to pay out the a$$ to refill headers lol
                              sigpic

1996 Base Model
                              +2 cylinder mod

Comment

Working...
                              X